twenty-eight

Malakai and Rome had finally reached the same townhouse they had gotten a description of through a text message that had a dozen or so people hanging around the front stairs. They were both dressed nicely, Rome was planning on scooping out a girl to take home tonight while Kai only had one thing on his mind: King.

"Wassup Romeo?"

"Damn girl who that with Rome?"

"B the party bumpin in here, where yo ass been?"

The second they got to the steps that lead up to the front doors, greetings and questions were thrown their way. Rome greeted his friends back, nodding and daping along the way before finally pushing through the crowded entrance and into the house. Malakai stayed silent not even paying attention to the plenty of female eyes on him.

The lights were out and but the moonlight and various other light sources came streaming within the house from the open back doors. Inside was 10 times louder than outside. Girls and guys filled the lounge and hallways, all dancing and grinding on each other as if they were the only ones in the room. Smoke swamped the air above and alcohol bottles were being passed around frequently.

Malakai found himself bobbing his head to Diamonds Dancing by Drake and Future, he couldn't lie the party was popping. "Come on, I think I know where Cassius and his crew at." Rome mumbled near his ear before guided him through the crowd again.

They ended up at a set of stairs that led to a basement. Grabbing a hold of the railing, both of the men headed downstairs and was met with a face full of new smoke. Swatting his hand in front of his face, Rome squinted his eyes to find them standing in a massive basement that was turned into a den.

"Damn its nice in here. Who house?" Malakai complimented as he looked around while being thankful that it wasnt as loud as it was upstairs. He needed his senses to be clear when he met Cassius. This moment could make or break him.

"This Ryan new crib. He used to live in the projects but ya see he moved up. Built his own spot." Rome beamed with pride like he payed for it and Malakai shook his head at him. Rome nodded his head towards the direction of the large lounge chairs that was set up in front of a massive TV screen. Of course the chairs were occupied by King and the only relevant people in his crew. Only person that was missing was Rome. And indeed, they had an empty chair next to Ned who was a hit man for King.

Rome headed to his reserved chair while Malakai watched as a girl straddled his lap, kissing all down his neck while he continued to play whatever game was on the playstation.

"This is my nigga Malakai, Malakai these my niggas." Rome introduced him and almost everyone's eyes in the basement landed on Malakai. Malakai threw two fingers up lazily, not wanting to look like a groupie or some weak nigga.

"I'm Ned." A skinny light skin guy with a face covered in tattoos smiled friendly at Malakai. "This is Darius and Anatoli." He directed his hand at a Russian man that was only person in the facility dressed in a suit and Darius who was the only cleaned face looking one out of the whole group with no tattoos, grills or permanant mean look. "That's Ryan." He pointed to the brown skin man next to King, Malakai examined his features and could see the teardrop tat that near his eye. "And there's a few others like Finito, Nick Gee, and Red. But we'd be here all day if I told you everybody in the palace's name."

"Malakai." He sternly said, and left it at. Rome then left his side and went over to say hello to Cassius. Malakai kept his eyes on the two. Rome stepped up to him, Cassius looked down at him, grinned, gave him dap, spoke a few words, Rome spoke a few words, then Cassius turned to Kai. When Rome motioned for Malakai to walk over, he knew it was now or never.