twenty-nine

Mackenzie bit down on her cuticles nervously as she watched Ryan's car drive up to the log cabin. She was thankful someone was here to help her out, she didn't care who it was. She just knew she couldn't do this on her own. She gripped on to her purse and stood up. The car stopped in front of her and Ryan jumped out, an angry look on his face.

"What the fuck do you want? And why the hell are you all the way out here?" He complained, leaning against the front of his car. He honestly didn't know why he even answered her urgent call and drove all the way out here in the first place. He had a whole girl at his house cooking him and his son dinner.

"Cassius... I gave him that shit you made. He passed out- But he was trying to kill me! That's why I did it!" She quickly explained herself and looked at Ryan with hopeful eyes. He was her only hope. Ryan's eyes widened at her revelation. He had been making drugs in his house for the past few years. His newest one that he was going to start calling Chemical X wasn't human tested yet well.. until Mackenzie came along of course. Now he knew the effect it had on people, they passed out. But this was dangerous. Cassius could've died.

"Where is he? Why would you do that?" He stormed into the cabin and searched for Cassius with Mackenzie coming up behind him until he stopped at the limp body laid across the hallway's wood floor. "You want me to pick him up or something? Is this nigga breathing?"
"I checked. He's alive. Just bring him to his car please. I'll drive him home." She had it all planned out.

Ryan bent down and grabbed Cassius's arms and attempted to pull him up, using all of his body strength. Ryan was buff but Cassius was the definition of buff. After four breaks and a lot of muscle pulling, Ryan had his best friend thrown in to  the back seat of his own car. "What are you going to do when he wakes up?" He wondered.

"I'm just going to tell him that he fell and hit his head."

"Okay? If he was trying to kill yo ass before, he's gonna want to kill yo ass later. Sleep don't change nigga's mind baby." He folded his arms together and twisted his mouth up to the side.

She rolled her eyes and moved to  the front door for Cassius's car. "Trust me. I got this."

"Well in that case, I'm following you to your place."

"Why?"

"I just want to make sure you keep my bro safe— and I want to know the side effects of this drug. Come on. Let's go."

"Oh so now you care."

"Man shut up."

Mackenzie rolled her eyes, started the car and drove off remembering how Cassius got there and just retraced his steps to get them home with Ryan's car always staying close behind them. When she made it home, she parked and got out. The two worked together to drag him into the house and lay him in his bed upstairs.

"Damn this nigga really out. Like you would think he was dead." Ryan commented, shaking his head.

Sitting on the end of the bed, Mackenzie looked down at her hands pondering what she was going to do when he woke up. She found some very detrimental things in that cabin that shocked the hell out of her, she found out he was cheating, Cassius told her he wanted to kill her and she drugged him. What exactly happens next? "Is... is Cassius really trying to marry her?"

"Hm?" Ryan looked at her, hearing her saddened voice. "Oh uh Riley?... Yeah. Yeah he showed me the ring and everything." He lied. "It's probably somewhere around here, it's hidden. Bigger than your shit too."

"Don't lie to me Ryan!"

"Why would I be lying? Go look for yourself."

Mackenzie thought about it. It sounded like something Cassius would do, he was evil. She slightly believed Ryan's lies. But where would Cassius hide this ring, she thought. Getting up she headed to the connected bathroom and dug through his things.