twenty-six

updates every Sunday starting now unless I'm not busy and in a good mood and feel like dropping two a week.

It was a very chaotic day in the emergency wing of the hospital. Riley had to push through people and wait for minutes in an elevator just to get to the correct floor. She really hated being in hospitals especially since what had happened the last time she got a call to come to one. But she was smarter this time and fearless.

Standing in the hallway of the same floor Cassius texted her, he stood leaned against the wall with his head facing the floor. Slowly Riley approached him, speaking to him slowly. "Cass... What's up? What's going on?"

He looked up, his eyes red, she wasn't sure from what. "You got here quick." He commented, he had just called her about ten minutes ago.

"I was at the park down the street."

"What you at the park for? You grown."

"Don't worry about that." Riley switched the conversation from the fact Malakai had drove her here and was actually sitting outside with the car running as they spoke. "Why did you call me?"

Instantly, his face grew rigged again and he clenched his jaw. "I need you to take your fucking kids."

"Excuse me? Where are they? What happened?"

"They downstairs in the cafeteria with Ryan. You can get them from down there. All three."

Riley decided not to question the fact he was telling her to take Asia too. "Who is in there?" She nodded towards the hospital room he was standing beside and Cassius shook his head. "Mackenzie." he answered. "Ask your son what the fuck happened."

"Huh?... Cai hurt her? Why? Did she touch him?" Riley knew when he said son that he wasn't referring to Julius because she knew this was more of Caius's thing. But she also knew Cai wouldn't hurt someone for no reason.

"No.. I don't know. Just talk to his ass, shit. Now I gotta deal with her and all this other shit." He grumbled angrily. "All this legal shit. Now if I get locked up, it's that nigga fucking fault."

"That nigga? He's your son."

"Fuck that. I ain't tryna be a parent anyway." He spat, leaning up off the wall and glaring at Riley. "Take the kids and bounce. I'll hit you up in the morning for Asia."

Riley shook her head in disbelief and disappointment. "I don't understand you and the way you think. How bout you just keep Asia then cause I don't have time for this bullshit to be honest."

Cassius rolled his eyes. "Look. I'll come get her from you in the morning so she can get to school and you can bring the twins to school. I can't keep her cause I'ma be here all fucking night."

"I don't have a problem watching her for you." Riley finally gave in, just wanting to grab her babies and go.

"Aight. You can just walk in here and get they jackets nshit. Mackenzie sleep." He explained. Riley could give a fuck if she was sleep or not, walking in and grabbing her children's things. And of course, Mackenzie definitely wasn't asleep.

Mackenzie almost broke her neck trying to sit up in the bed but she gave up from the excruciating pain in her abdominal area. "Why is she here?!" She questioned Cassius.

"Be quiet. She just getting the kids' shit." He replied, sitting in the chair beside her.

"Our kids?" Mackenzie stared at Cassius like he was crazy. He was actually letting Riley take the children? She thought at least one thing she and him had in common was their hatred for Riley. It wasn't even Riley's weekend to see them. "Cassius what the fuck? They can spend the night with Kenya. Or the boys can go with Ryan's mom."