Chapter two: Shiro's Requiem

Sometime after the day of Romelle's coronation, Shiro led the team and the blade of marmora members with Keith as they flew into a large Base occupied by the Galra. The base was heavily fortified, with multiple layers of defenses. The team and the blade of marmora members knew that they would be in for a tough fight, but they were determined to succeed.

"That's our target, Tragoch." Shiro said.

"According to our latest intelligence, that's where the Galra are building their upgraded sentries." Keith said.

"Taking out this base will mean the Galra won't be able to resupply their bases and ships for months." Shiro said.

"And how do we know this isn't a trap?" Lance asked.

"All the intel's checked out so far. Everything's exactly how we were told it'd be." Shiro said.

"Including preparing us for those."

Soon, the alarms went off and drones came out of the base.

"Pidge?" Lance said.

"Lance, I'm sending you the signals to interfere with the drones." Pidge replied.

Lance nodded and took out the drones.

"Nice work, Pidge!" Shiro said. "Let's take them out before they recalibrate and report our approach."

As Keith readied the blades and quickly destroyed all the drones.

"Form up on me. We're going in." Everyone followed Shiro into an opening in the base.

"We only have five minutes before the Galra notice that their drones aren't responding. Be careful to stay in formation and don't touch the sides!" Shiro warned.

"Don't touch the side.Don't touch the side. Don't touch the side." Hunk said as he carefully flew Kiaion through the tunnel, trying hard to maneuver through the winding tunnels, However, he did nick the side and hot magma came rushing down the tunnel.

"Uh-oh!" he said as he screamed in fear.

"Hunk!" Pidge said.

"I think I may have nicked the side a little bit." Hunk said.

"Let me through!" Lance said, turning Kiaion around while the rest of them went on ahead. He shot a freeze ray at the magma, which slowed it down, but not for long enough.

"We'd better hurry. That patch won't last long." Lance said rejoining them.

Somewhere, in the Galra base, an alarm blaring in the main control room. The doors burst open and a group of Galra soldiers rush in, weapons drawn.

"We're under attack! It's the samurai! All forces prepare for enemy assault.

This is not a drill." A Galra commander ordered.

"The lava's gaining on us! We can't outrun it!" Hunk shouted from the back.

"We should be directly underneath the Galra base." Keith informed.

"There's an opening up ahead. Follow me!" Shiro said.

Lance then said. "Oh, no! We're trapped!"

Shiro said. "No, we're not! There's another way out!"

"Right." Keith said. "Fire Scar."

"Stand down. The Samurai are no more." A Galra commander said.

But soon, Keith cut a hole through the wall and entered the main factory.

"Take down the factory machines!" Shiro shouted.

The team fought their way through the factory, destroying the machines as they went. The Galra soldiers tried to stop them, but the team was too quick for them. They fought their way to the control room, where they found a Galra commander overseeing the operation.