Chapter twenty-one: Omega Shield

Lotor and the team traveled back to the Galra headquarters. "To return so triumphantly is a dream I thought I would never achieve. We are one step closer to bringing peace and prosperity to the entire world. This is all because of you, Shiro." Lotor said.

Shiro smiled towards Lotor and said, "We did it together, Lotor, I would have never even known of Oriande without you, and therefore could have never unlocked its secrets."

After a while longer, they made it to the headquarters and crossed over from their ship to the large base.

"We'll see Intel in your briefing and decide what to do. Maybe we can." Shiro said as they entered the main hall.

Just then, a woman's voice. "Lotor." She said with a commanding and serious tone, they looked ahead and saw a tall Galra woman in a uniform standing in the center of the hall.

"Oh, no." Lotor groaned as he wasn't exactly excited to see this woman.

"Uh...who the heck are you?" Lance asked, the woman stood high over Lance and looked even angrier than before.

"How dare you speak to me without authorization from Blood Emperor Lotor." She said, bending a baton in her hands before slapping Lance with it.

"She was my governess." Lotor sighed. "No one has used the term "Blood Emperor" since before we were a star-faring race. And these are my colleagues. They have more than my permission to speak. Everyone, this is Dayak."

The woman, Dayak, bowed respectfully.

"Hi." Pidge said.

"Hiya." Lance said.

"Hello." Shiro said.

"Nice to meet you." Hunk said.

"So, to what do we owe the honor?" Lotor asked.

"Word of your victory at the Kral Zera has spread throughout the empire. I always knew you had it in you to crush your enemies. Dayak raised you from a child to a man, and now I'll witness your ascension to the throne." Dayak explained.

Lance started laughing at the fact that Dayak had raised him like a nanny. "Wait, she raised you from a child? Aww, is this your nanny?" Lance asked while still laughing.

"Governess." Lotor groaned.

"You have a nanny! Is she going to read you bedtime stories? Is she gonna rock you to sleep? Is she gonna? Ow!" Lance said as he got slapped in the neck.

"I instructed Lotor in the ways of the Galra. The history of our conquests, our customs, battle philosophy, the art of war." Dayak explained firmly.

"Hmm, Galra customs, huh? Is that like when you guys say "vrepit sa" and stuff? There's so much we don't know about you." Hunk said.

Lotor smiled and wrapped his arm around Hunk's shoulders. "If you're interested in our society's history, you couldn't find a better teacher than Dayak."

"What Lotor says is true." Dayak agreed.

"Oh, wow. Would you really teach me about the Galra?" Hunk asked.

"What do you wanna know about the Galra for?" Lance asked.

"We're gonna be working with Lotor to bring peace through the empire, right? Makes sense the more we know about their society, the better." Hunk said.

"If you are to learn the ways of the Galra, be prepared for the most challenging trial you could ever undertake. There will be no turning back. Victory or death." Dayak explained as she stared down on him like a hawk on its prey.