Chapter ten: The Prince and the Monk

Lance, armed with his staff in one hand and a waterball in the other, confronted the huge cave goat daemon who laughed at her. "Foolish child. Leave this place before you meet your demise."

Lance did his best impersonation and said, "Do not underestimate me, I am Lance, legendary defender of the universe, now eat this, suck-what?" Before he could blast magic at the daemon like a bazooka, he took another look at it and realized just how small and puny he actually was.

He picked the daemon up and looked at him. "You're Garlog?" He took out the daemon's wanted poster from his pocket, which had a scary illustration of him on it. Well, he certainly looked less threatening in real life. "This is pathetic," he deadpanned.

"Small I may be, but you will soon know fear when I lay waste to all that you-" Before he could finish his sentence, Kuro swallowed him whole.

Lance scolded her, "Kuro, drop it now. Drop it now!" Kuro shook her head and took off running. "Drop it! No! I'm not gonna play right now! Kuro!"

After managing to save Garlog from Kuro and trapping him in a bottle, Lance returned to the shrine of lions. He sat down and wrote a letter to his sister, Veronica.

"Hola, V! You haven't heard from me in a while. It's been a long time since the battle of Naxzela and I've been through a lot since then. I've met Shiro and the others, and they've been through so much. I can't help but feel inspired by their strength and resilience. We've faced some tough challenges together, but I know we'll come out stronger in the end.

I remember when we first met, I was so scared. I didn't know what to expect, and I was worried that I wouldn't fit in. But Shiro and the others made me feel welcome right away. They showed me that it was okay to be different, and they helped me to believe in myself.

I've learned so much from them. They've taught me the importance of teamwork, courage, and never giving up. I'm so grateful for their friendship, and I know that I'm a better person because of them.

We've faced some tough challenges together, but we've always come out stronger. We've learned to trust each other and rely on each other, and we've become a family. I know that no matter what life throws our way, we'll always be there for each other.

I'm so excited to see you again soon. I have so much to tell you about everything that's happened. I can't wait to catch up and hear all about your life too.

Love your little brother, Lance.

After diligently crafting the letter, Lance made his way into the majestic shrine of lions. There, he found Shiro deeply engaged in an intense conversation with Sokka and Yodala, the latter of whom was expressing her concerns regarding Lotor.

"I fully comprehend your apprehensions," Shiro responded, understanding the gravity of the situation.

"You comprehend what?" Yodala questioned, her tone laced with skepticism.

Sokka added his perspective, lending support to Yodala's sentiments. "She is correct. Lotor poses a significant threat to the unity and stability of the coalition."

Shiro, feeling slightly exasperated, responded defensively. "Don't you think I am well aware of that?"

Shiro took a deep breath before continuing. "I understand the risks, and I am prepared to take them. We must act now if we wish to prevent Zarkon from gaining more power." Shiro paused for a moment, before continuing. "We must act quickly, before it's too late." Shiro concluded his statement with a determined nod, determined to protect the stability of the coalition.

"We understand." Sokka said. "We will do everything we can to stop him. Our people are counting on us."

Shiro nodded in agreement. "Let's get to work."