Chapter twenty-five: Adam alone

Adam was running on a road, with a backpack full of stuff that belonged to him, when he trips and falls, then gets up and runs again, but a light consumes him.

Currently, Adam has a distant expression on his face as Rose and Roman look at him with concern.

"Adam." Said Roman.

"Adam, are you okay?" Rose asked, her voice soft with worry.

Adam blinked a few times, returning from the distant place his mind had wandered. "Yeah, sorry, just got lost in thought for a moment there."

Roman placed a comforting hand on Adam's shoulder. "You've been distant lately. Is everything alright?"

Adam nodded, offering a faint smile. "Just some memories I can't shake off. But I'm okay, I promise."

Rose exchanged a concerned glance with Roman before gently squeezing Adam's hand. "We're here for you, Adam. Whatever you need."

Adam's gaze softened as he looked at his two friends. "Thank you, both of you. I'm lucky to have you by my side."

"Commander Adam, Sendak wants to see you." Quartermaster Janka said.

Adam nodded, setting aside the datapad he had been reviewing. "Thank you, Janka. I'll go see Sendak right away."

Walking through the corridors of the ship, Adam's thoughts raced. As he entered Sendak's office, he found the commander studying a holo-map intently.

"You wanted to see me, Commander?" Adam asked, standing at attention.

Sendak looked up, his expression unreadable. "Adam, we have a delicate situation on our hands. I need your expertise on this matter."

Adam's brow furrowed slightly. "What's the issue, sir?"

Sendak gestured to the holo-map. "There have been reports of increased enemy activity near the outer rim. I need you to lead a reconnaissance mission to gather intel."

Adam's eyes narrowed in determination. "Consider it done, Commander. I'll make sure we get the information we need."

Sendak nodded, a glint of confidence in his eyes. "I know I can count on you, Adam. The success of this mission is crucial for our next steps."

Adam saluted crisply. "I won't let you down, sir. I'll assemble my team and depart immediately."

Meanwhile, Shiro is flying through the clouds on Kuro, Shiro gripping the reins tightly as Kuro soared through the billowing clouds, the wind rushing past them. The flying lion let out a rumbling growl, his eyes scanning the horizon.

"Easy, Kuro," Shiro murmured, patting the lion's neck reassuringly. "We're almost there."

Kuro let out a low, contented croon, his powerful wings beating rhythmically. Shiro could feel the thrill of flight coursing through both of them, a connection beyond words.

As they broke through the clouds, a stunning vista opened up before them, the land stretching out below in all its majesty. Shiro couldn't help but smile, the freedom of the sky washing over him.

"Let's enjoy this moment, old friend," Shiro said, his voice filled with gratitude. "Together, we can conquer anything."

Just then, Romelle called him from the ground, Shiro guided Kuro down to land gracefully next to Romelle, who was waiting for them with a concerned expression on her face.

"Shiro, we have urgent news from the neighboring Land," Romelle said, her voice tense. "They're requesting our assistance against a Galra threat."

Shiro dismounted Kuro, his brows furrowing in thought. "Galra attacking the neighboring kingdom? That's unusual. We must investigate this and offer our help."