PROLOGUE

In Neil's Room:

Neil and Roohi sat in silence for God knows how long. Even if it wasn't more than an hour, it felt like ages. Roohi had never experienced this awkwardness and so much silence with her Chachu. They fought and they made up. Whenever Neil did act his age, because the situation demanded, he did his job and when things got back in control, he was back to his normal self almost instantaneously. 

There was no distance, ambiguity or hesitation between them ever before, which was all what she has been experiencing from the past one hour. Neil was too deep into his own thoughts to either care for Roohi being there or the food that he had to eat. Roohi tried as much as she could but couldn't handle the eerie vibe anymore. She decided to take things into her hands and approached Neil with the breakfast plate.

She offered him a morsel and the sudden gesture brought him out of his reverie. He looked at her seriously and Roohi blanched back. Roohi's expression forced Neil to compose himself to not scare the child away. He didn't want this incident to create a gap between himself and Roohi, but he didn't want to let this slide as well. Now that Akshara Sharma is in the picture, they need to be very careful regarding everything they do. 

He also wanted to talk to Roohi about her thoughts on taking part in the competition. But he thought it would be better if he had a conversation with his Bhaiyya before he addressed that topic with Roohi. None of them were ready for another rebellion now that she got the Golden mike to get into the Gala. It wouldn't be easy for anyone to back out from such an opportunity which is self-earned. So, he decided not to create a mess out of it. 

But he can definitely address the topic of her running out of Udaipur without informing anyone and putting herself in harm's way. It wasn't about whether he could or not, he knew that he should be having that talk. 

He has always been Roohi's crime partner and she always came to him if she needed to pull a prank or had to convince her Poppy for something or even when she had to escape a scolding. He was her Go-To man. He had never disappointed her or given her a reason to not trust him with anything. It was absolutely against their code, and he wouldn't taking this lying down.

Neil didn't realize that he almost completed his breakfast as Roohi continued to feed him when he was busy thinking of what conversation he needs to have with her. Roohi set the plate aside and went to wash her hands while Neil helped himself with some water. He understood her fear and anxiety but even that doesn't give her the right to not come to them with her feelings.

He was often schooled by his Bhaiyya to not be so lenient with Roohi, but he kept at it. He wanted her to feel free to come to him with mistakes and seek out his help rather than worrying in silence. This time around, when she was so lost, she should have sought him out, but she didn't and she will have to make it up to him, big time. He will not have her doing that again. No matter what the demands of the situation may be. 

Roohi came back and stood in front of Neil with a hope that he would speak something at least now. The moment he glared at her, her face fell down. Neil softened his gaze and pulled Roohi closer. Roohi matched his gaze and tears pooled in her eyes. For a second there, she thought she will not be able to pacify him, and she knew she couldn't handle his anger any longer. But whom was she kidding? Her Chachu would never push her to that extent.