Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - A)

On The Road:

Abhimanyu had been waiting patiently for the past 15 minutes but neither the police personnel conceded to Neil's demands nor Neil was giving in to his orders. Neil wanted a way out of there even if it was through a police jeep, but the police official was more interested in getting some cash and to go home, a happy man.

Abhimanyu had enough and he marched towards both the men who were at loggerheads. The moment Neil saw Abhimanyu walking towards him, he tried to take cover behind the police man who looked startled by the sudden move. 

Abhimanyu reached them and gave a look to Neil who was occasionally peaking from behind the police personnel. 

"Excuse me Sir! Kya aap inhe jaante hain?" The police asked Abhimanyu while pointing at Neil.

"Ji! Mera Bhai hain. Aur bike meri hi naam pe registered hain. Aap chahe toh check karsakte hain." Abhimanyu replied respectfully. 

The police man looked at the brothers and said, "Aapka Bhai signal tod raha tha. Pakda gaya toh..." 

Neil interjected and spoke, "Maine kaha tha mujhe arrest karlo. Mujhe apni galti ka ehsaas hain. Mujhe guilty feel ho raha hain. Maan hi nahi rahe. Arrest karne se mana kardiya." Neil complained.

"Aapne arrest kyun nahi kiya Sir?" Abhimanyu asked and the inspector looked at him bewildered. 

What kind of elder brother asks such questions instead of trying to plead to let his brother go? What cartoon was Neil to fight to be put in jail? He was very amused. 

"Itni si baat keliye station jana kisi keliye bhi sahi nahi hain. Toh bas mein..." He was again cut off, 

"Aap bribe expect kar rahe the. Am I right Sir?" Abhimanyu asked with a dangerous edge to his voice. 

Abhimanyu hated such unethical means and Neil immediately chipped in, 

"Are Bhai! Sir ko yeh bribe and all bilkul pasand nahi hain. Isliye toh abhi tak nahin liya mujhse. 

Woh toh meri masoom shakal dekhke unko arrest karne ka man nahi kar raha tha. So we are at a dead lock." 

Neil's reply took the police man by surprise. Why was this guy lying? Why was he trying to change the narrative? Should he play along or just demand the money from the brother instead?

He was in his thoughts when Abhimanyu's voice had his attention. 

"Sir! Aap batadijiye fine kitna bharna hain. Main pay kardunga and I guarantee you ki aisa dubara nahi hoga. Aap mere details lelijiye for a safer side." 

The earnestness in Abhimanyu's voice got to the police man. He didn't have it in him to ask for the bribe from someone who looked too righteous and responsible as a citizen

Something about the man screamed respect and the police man wasn't one of those who disregarded his instincts. 

He told the official fine amount that needs to be paid to the government for RASH DRIVING, OVER SPEEDING and JUMPING SIGNALS. 

Abhimanyu glared at Neil all through out as he paid the FINE.

When the police personnel were taking the details, he realized why he felt like respecting the man. He is none other than Dr.Abhimanyu Birla, the famous Heart Surgeon and owner of Birla Hospitals.