Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - B)

The Birlas didn't want anyone invading her privacy and decided on maintaining a low profile for Roohi. She will only be visible on TV or in any media bytes that suited their taste. Because they weren't looking at maximizing the fame. They were only thinking about future and were trying to protect the privacy to the best of their abilities. 

The video diary shoot was a whole new story in itself. It got postponed by a day because the budget allotted for the shoot suddenly saw a rise because of how well the audience received the promo. Roohi was getting support from all corners for performing after being intimidated. So, the makers wanted to hype Roohi as much as they can through the video diaries. 

They were definitely looking at her as a potential Top 5 candidate. The change in plans irritated Abhimanyu because he hated such unprofessionalism. He anyways hated the makers as he could see through their shallow minds. 

If Akshara wasn't the key here, especially for Roohi, he would have backed out from the show without wasting a second

His problems with the show and the management remained the same as ever. His opinion about reality shows didn't change. He was there when Neil negotiated the contract. Almost every other clause made Abhimanyu's blood boil.

He hated the fact that not many get to stick to their guns in front of the TRP hungry makers like them. They had it all and they weren't depending on the fame Roohi was going to get, which is why they could pull that off but anyone who had hopes from the show was sure to be exploited.

Abhimanyu didn't have it in himself to appreciate the parents who agree to such enslaving terms and conditions for their child just for fame and popularity. He had met a few like that and loathed their existence to keep it short. Neil had to calm Abhimanyu down before granting the crew permission to shoot the video the next day as per their request. 

"Bhai! Aap itni si baat pe itna work up ho jaoge toh kaise chalega? Yeh toh kuch bhi nahi hain. Aap apni mood ko thoda apni pyaari si smile ke peeche chupake rakho warna unhe khud apna weakness thali mein paros ke dedoge. 

Waise bhi naya thodi hain aapkeliye? Feelings chupane mein toh PhD kiya hain na aapne....Abhimanyu ka DDP urf Dukh, Dard aur Peeda academy se. I am sure you can manage." Neil teased him and readily painted a target on himself. 

He saw that his Bhaiyya needed to vent out and offered himself as a scape goat. He would rather bear the brunt than doing damage control after Abhimanyu was finally done hiding. Neil got a fair idea about his upcoming couple of months if this went on this way and was trying his best to tune his mind accordingly. 

Neil got a phone call in the evening from Aradhna when he was sitting in the garden. 

"Hello! Mr.Chachu! Busy busy ho? Baad mein call karoon?"

Her voice was so pleasant, and Neil felt better. He just had his Bhaiyya yell at him for teasing him for the wrong things at the wrong time. He needed some respite and Aradhna was his best bet.

"No. No. Bolo. At least tumhari awaaz sunke mujhe thoda better feel hua." Neil admitted and Aradhna chuckled. That was when he realized that he didn't hear her chuckling on the phone.