Chapter - 7: All Is Well? (Part - B)

In Abhimanyu's Room:

Abhimanyu entered his room and the sight in front of his eyes overwhelmed him. Roohi was snuggling to Abhir just like she did with him. They looked every bit inseparable and Neil's words just flashed in his head. 

If he had any doubts about that, the visual cleared his mind. If Akshara ever chooses to be a part of Abhir's life, she has to accept Roohi as well. Because Abhir wouldn't have it any other way and so would he. 

She didn't have the luxury to just play mother to Abhir especially when she was officially Roohi's mother. He will make sure of the fact that nothing would ever impact Roohi and Abhir's bond. 

They have been treated alike by the family and they will have to be treated alike by Akshara. She is no exception. 

There was no way out of that. He could see how protectively Abhir held Roohi and knew that the patch up was on cards and it would happen by tomorrow for sure. That will officially draw curtains to Roohi's adventurous stunt. Things might just get back to normal again. 

He just happened to look around and saw the food untouched. He kicked himself for trusting the kid to eat it. She slept too soundly to wake up in the middle of the night. He should have fed her something before she even slept. That's when Roohi moved a bit in sleep.

He was alert immediately to see if she had a bad dream again. But she didn't wake up and he sighed. He took his phone and decided to drop a message to his counsellor. Even though he is a doctor, and he was having sessions as per his convenience, he decided not to hamper with the ethics of the arrangement.

The client can't just pick up a phone and talk to the counsellor. They don't usually have access to their personal numbers. They would ideally wait till the next session to address the issue. But Abhimanyu had the contact with him for obvious reasons. 

He had a privilege here, but he didn't intend to misuse it. So, he politely dropped her a message with a disclaimer to only respond when she got time. He mentioned his turmoil and also the conclusion Neil helped him reach. 

Abhimanyu clearly stated that he wanted to work on understanding why he was behaving or thinking the way he was when matters related to Akshara pop up. It happened too many times for him to just let it be. He felt much better after that. 

Maybe it was the trust he vested in her which made him feel that way. He set his phone aside and slept on the other side of Roohi. He pulled the comforter and tried to sleep. It didn't happen instantly but eventually, he slipped into a peaceful sleep with Roohi and Abhir giving him company. Their presence always helped him and today was nothing new. 

The next morning happened, and it was a Sunday. So, no one actually took the pain to wake the kids up. Rohan was returning from Jaisalmer and Abhimanyu had to immediately attend a patient. So, he decided to drop Anahita home and leave for the hospital.

He instructed the staff and informed his mother to not wake Neil up until late because he badly needed sleep and his throat needed rest. He told Manjari to give Neil her Herbal Kadha and she nodded. He kissed the kids and left after leaving them a note.