Chapter - 14: Time Waits For None (Part - A)

**************** AFTER A WEEK **************

The past week has been too happening for Roohi. She didn't get any time to take rest because she had so much to do. Ever since it was decided that she was going to take part in the show, time just flew by.

Everyone in the Birla Household were doing their bit to make her life easier but given how particular and how indecisive she was, all at the same time, made things very complicated for her. She was really testing everyone's patience and was inviting trouble.

Her Poppy convinced her Principal, to conduct her tests online and allow her to submit assignments over email. She was given a detailed description of the revised portion she was expected to complete and allotted specially designed assignments for her.

She had to give her exams online and the dates were a bit flexible. Instead of weekly tests, she would be asked to submit an assignment once in every week which would be an amalgamation of all the portion and subjects she was meant to study through the week.

Roohi hated the fact that she got her Poppy to discuss this. If she had the good fortune of coming there with her Chachu, he could have managed to save her from at least half of these things. But her Chachu was busy attuning some business-related things.

Even Roohi couldn't explicitly demand for his presence. Her father might get a hint of her motive and he would not appreciate that at all. Because her father believed that she got a lot of exception from the management already. It wasn't worth the risk. So, Roohi let things take their course.

Abhimanyu was provided with a list of contacts of lecturers who can help Roohi with her doubts through a call or video call. The entire school was made aware of Roohi's participation and the Cultural fest was postponed till Roohi resumes College.

The school management has been really supportive of Roohi's participation and Abhimanyu was so relieved that everything fell in place and Roohi had no option to chicken out. Roohi knew how her father would not compromise on a few things and this was one of them. But she was sure that he would make things as easy for her as possible and do everything he could to help her out.

After the meeting, Neil called her and teased her mercilessly. If not for her father's presence, Neil would have gotten better comebacks, but he was equally smart to tease her only in his Bhaiyya's presence. Roohi suddenly didn't mind not having him meet the Principal for this. She somehow didn't feel like trusting Neil with lessening her burden after the teasing session.

Roohi, for the first time, hated the fact that she couldn't beg Abhir to do some of her work. If she did, he would have obliged, keeping in mind the scenario. But the fact that he had his tournament and exams during the competition and how he would be away from their father, because of her, didn't let her push more.

Neil had completely taken over the negotiation part and as soon as he realized the expectations they were having from Roohi's audition were sky high, he decided to play hard to get. He outrightly rejected the entire terms and conditions list and made sure that the representative had to travel down to Udaipur to negotiate with him.