Chapter - 8: Reactions Galore (Part - B)

Note: Please share your opinions in the comment section. I will be awaiting them.

Happy reading!

Best

Manisha Krishna

In The Dining Area, Birla House:

Manjari looked up from her phone and announced, 

"Abhi ghar aa raha hain. Uska kaam khatam hogaya aur woh lunch bhi yahin karega." 

Three of them cheered and Neil said,

"Aap toh baal baal bachi Maa. Agar Bhai aa ke poochte aur unhe yeh baat pata lagti toh aapki khair nahi thi phir." His tone was that of a tease. 

"Chup kar tu. Aur tereliye kadha banake rakha hain. Peele chup chap. Tere Bhai ke orders hain. Agar nahi piya toh teri bhi khair nahi hogi. Uper se subah se bole jaa raha hain. Main bolun use?" 

Manjari threatened Neil who backed off and showed with gestures that he will zip his mouth. He went to drink the dreaded Kadha while Roohi and Abhir left for their rooms. 

Abhimanyu entered the house, and he was greeted with the smiling faces of Roohi and Abhir. Neil was in his room, attending a business call with Aradhna while all of them kind of felt that it was definitely more than that. 

But they refrained from making any such comment. The kids didn't want to overstep, and Abhimanyu didn't want to make things awkward. 

Abhimanyu was welcomed with a bone crushing hug and his heart was soothed. All the pain and worry seemed to have taken a back seat for the moment. Neil, on the other hand was having a fun conversation with Aradhna when he came across the note Abhimanyu left for him. 

He didn't observe it till then. He heard Abhir and Roohi mentioning about their notes, but he didn't expect his Bhaiyya to leave one for him as well. His heart was suddenly very heavy. Even if he wanted to avoid them, all the memories of the past years when he missed this side of his brother came knocking at him.

The note read - "Good morning Bacha! Koi jaldi nahi hain uthne ki aur agar uthe bhi, toh muh kholke baat karne ki. Rest do apne gale ko. Khana khalo aur Maa ne kadha banaya hain, woh peelo. No tantrums. Main jaldi aajaunga. We will spend time. - Bhai."

Neil couldn't stop the tears that filled his eyes. He kept the note close to his heart and forgot that Aradhna was on the call. It took 4 to 5 continuous reminders from Aradhna for him to tell her that he would call her back. 

Abhimanyu had just entered Neil's room to call him down as he had something important to discuss with everyone. He saw Neil's state and immediately embraced him. Neil sobbed softly for a couple of minutes, but his sobs subsided after that. 

He pulled back and when Abhimanyu looked into Neil's blue eyes, he could read all the pain and hurt. Abhimanyu apologized with his eyes and pleaded Neil to not get hurt so much. They didn't need words and Neil nodded.