Chapter - 6: Emotional Outburst (Part - B)

In Abhimanyu's Room:

Abhir needed to be the brother who would fight it out with her for being so selfish. 

The dream had made it impossible for him to keep distance anymore. Moreover, the distance was hurting him more than he expected it to. He kind of understood how taxing it can be to even hold the anger on loved ones. 

His respect for his father increased in folds for all the patience he has shown while dealing with them and their tantrums. It must have been very challenging for him to keep doing that day in and day out. 

He always knew that it wasn't easy to handle things like Abhimanyu did, but he never expected it to be so difficult. With all these thoughts dancing in his mind, he made room for himself beside Roohi and slept beside her. 

She snuggled into him unknowingly. Maybe she took him for their father, but Abhir had nothing to complain. He let Roohi seek the warmth and dozed off with a smile. He was determined to sort things out the very next day. He was done dragging it.

At The Secluded Place:

Neil was dreading his Bhaiyya's reaction while Abhimanyu had only given him glares till then. Not a single word escaped his mouth. The anticipation was getting on Neil's nerves and decided to take the bull by its horns like always. 

He approached Abhimanyu and hugged him tight. To his surprise, Abhimanyu didn't struggle in his hold or swat him away. He was just calm, almost Zen like. Neil was taken aback by the reaction, and he pulled back to figure out what the matter is.

Abhimanyu's face was not giving much away. He just looked angry but everything else screamed something different. Neil was still confused when he received the first whack.

He looked up startled only to be greeted by more whacks. Neil ducked from as many as he could, but they kept coming his way. He ran and stood behind the car to get a breather. 

The whacks weren't harsh at all, but they were whacks and he didn't want to get whacked.

Abhimanyu looked at him pointedly and eyed him to come closer, but Neil shook his head like a scared kitten. Abhimanyu started searching for something to make him obey. 

Neil saw that from afar and rushed to his Bhaiyya. He knew how to cut his losses. He would rather have the whacks than a thrashing with anything that managed to get his Bhaiyya's attention. He had too much experience on his side to be that big a fool. 

Abhimanyu saw Neil and raised his hand to whack him and Neil flinched. But Abhimanyu stopped his hand in the midair and caressed Neil's face. The gentle touch again took Neil by surprise. 

He wasn't able to figure out what his Bhaiyya will do next and his ego got hurt badly. He had so much experience in getting into trouble and pacifying his brother, he hated that his experience wasn't helping today.