Chapter - 16: Mystery Girl (Part - B)

In The Udaipur Market:

"Hear me out before getting all creeped up. I am not into you. Just to make things clear. I just want to flirt around with you."  Anya explained and Vikram looked confused. 

"I mean....You are really attractive and all. Any girl will fall for you. May be even I would but I don't go beyond flirting. I have my own reasons for that. When you offered me the cigarette, I assumed you were not the judgy type. So, I just asked you straight up." 

She elaborated but Vikram still looked confused. He asked out of curiosity, "What do you mean exactly by I want 'YOU' then. Enlighten me." 

Anya sighed and started speaking, "Every girl who is of my age has a boyfriend, who looks out for her, takes her out on rides and picks her from anywhere if she asks. Takes her out for shopping, dinners and pampers her. 

They dance around in pubs and celebrate each other's success. They always have each other to talk to and to vent out. I want all of that, but I can't have it." Her excitement while describing all the things a couple does faded by the end when she spoke about herself. 

Vikram could see where this was heading but he waited for her to say it to just be sure before reacting. "I don't go beyond flirting. I am only all talk and no action. So, I cannot make a boyfriend ever, but I want to have a boyfriend and show him off just like everyone else.

Aisa nahi hain ki I can't have this deal with anyone else. I can but I am mostly never sure around men who freely agree to things which have nothing in them for them. 

Here, it's a different case altogether. You need me to help you out for something serious, I am assuming." She looked at him and he nodded. 

"You are mature and you called me ma'am. So you know how to respect. You aren't judgy about me being a smoker. You have rejected my offer perceiving it to be something else. That shows you won't take advantage of me. 

You warned me to back off. That makes you someone who knows the limits and can stop me if I ever go overboard. In short, you are perfect for what I am seeking and like you said, I am perfect for the job you have for me. So, what's wrong in doing a barter?

She gave a huge justification and Vikram was very seriously pushed to be thinking about it. He looked at her face which had an expecting expression on it. Vikram was no softie from any angle, but he was when it came to girls who have an interest in him. 

He felt flattered by that and enjoyed those moments of attention. Vikram lost his love to a terminal illness and never really moved on not because he wasn't willing to. He just didn't find the right girl yet. With his reputation, finding the one whom he may like is tough. 

By principle, Vikram never used women to get shady things done. He had his wicked and unforgiving ways, but he never disrespected women who deserved respect. 

He wasn't an idealist to respect every woman just for being a woman, but he knew how to carry himself without making them uncomfortable. His woman taught him well.