~ 3 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Surya ran out of the class only to get bumped by that boy, Rahul. Surya groaned, looking at him. It was all because of this stupid man standing in front of him.

"I'm sorry," Surya said with a tight-lipped smile.

"That's okay!" said Rahul.

Surya thought for a while and asked, "Do you know where Sravya is?"

"She must be at the office busy with her internship," said Rahul.

"Umm, aren't you doing any internships?" asked Surya.

"Mine was completed in the last semester. Hers is in this semester. I wish mine was also in this semester. Anyway, I need to go. Bye," Rahul said, and he went from there.

"Uff, thank God!" Surya mumbled and went to the canteen.

He ran out of the classroom to meet Sravya and apologise to her, but he totally forgot that she would be in the office. Pranav came in search of Surya and found him calling someone impatiently.

Pranav went towards him, threw Surya's bag on him, and sat opposite him, placing his bag on the table.

"Ouch! Why the hell did you throw that, idiot?" Surya asked, keeping his bag on the table.

Pranav glared at him and said, "Then why the hell did you run from the classroom as if a dog were running behind you?"

Surya smiled nervously and said, "Umm, I was feeling hungry."

Pranav looked at him narrow-eyed and asked, "Oh! Then why aren't you eating anything?"

"I was hungry then, but not now," Surya said, smiling cheekily.

Pranav rolled his eyes, listening to his lame excuse, and said, "And you want me to believe that?"

"Urgh! Leave that. I'm going on a trip this weekend. Will you join me?" asked Surya.

"This weekend?" Pranav asked, looking at him.

"Yeah! Do you have any important appointments then?" asked Surya.

"It's her engagement on Monday, Surya," said Pranav.

Surya took a deep breath, listening to him. That's the reason he planned a trip all of a sudden. He wants to go and be with her on her big day, but he doesn't have a big heart to see her getting engaged to someone else.

"I'll ask Amma once and tell you in the evening," said Pranav, to which Surya nodded his head.

She would be hurt, as her three best friends wouldn't be there with her on her big day. But his other best friend needs him now.

Pranav cleared his throat and said, "She asked me to check your mail."

"Hmm!" Surya said, looking at his mobile.

He saw the invitation that she had sent him. It hurt him to see her name with someone else. He knew that one day she would get married, but he didn't expect that it would happen this soon. She is really lucky to marry someone whom she loves immensely, unlike him. She is finally getting the love she deserves after going through a lot. She went through a lot since her childhood, and he himself had seen her breakdown. He just prayed to God to give her the happiness she deserved.

He sighed and tried to call Sravya again, but got disappointed as her phone was switched off. He cursed himself for hurting her with his words.