~ 13 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

After cutting the call, Sravya threw her mobile on the bed and fell on the bed. She curled up like a ball and was crying silently as Surya's words kept ringing in her mind. She never, in her dreams, thought her feelings would come out that way. But whatever it is, he doesn't have any right to blame her or accuse her of breaking his trust. His words pierced her heart like needles and broke her badly. He called her selfish and a cheater. She chuckled sadly. If she were selfish, she wouldn't have agreed to tell him about Maya. She would have told Maya long ago that Surya loved her, and that's the reason he couldn't come for her wedding. If she should have been selfish, then he would have faced the consequences of her selfishness.

Who can understand his pain better than her? The pain of seeing the one you love love someone else. It hurts her to see him in pain, but what hurts her more is that she cannot do anything to ease his pain. That's the reason she agreed to keep him updated about Maya, as he wasn't talking to her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath to forget whatever he said a while ago, but his words kept ringing in her mind.

Avinav, who came to call her dinner, found her crying silently. He went and sat beside her, making Sravya alert.

He placed his hand on her shoulder and asked, "Is everything okay, Chinnu?"

Sravya wiped off her tears, sat properly on the bed, and said, "Yeah!"

"Then, why are these tears?" Avinav asked, wiping off the tears that left her eyes unknowingly.

"I wasn't crying," said Sravya, hicupping.

Avinav smiled sarcastically and said, "And I'm dancing."

Sravya pouted, listening to him, and slapped his shoulder.

"You are so mean," said Sravya.

Avinav shook his head, caressed her hair lovingly, and said, "You can cry however much you want if it makes you feel better. I'm not going to ask the reason until you feel like opening up."

That's it, Sravya burst out crying while hugging Avinav. He felt helpless, looking at her since he didn't know the reason behind her pain. It might be something serious; otherwise, his sister is a brave girl who doesn't cry for small things.

After a while, Sravya felt better. She broke the hug and tucked her tresses behind her ears nervously. She isn't ready to tell him the reason behind his breakdown yet. And she knows that her brother isn't going to force her to tell him everything now.

"Thank you," said Sravya meekly.

Avinav hit her head playfully and said, "Now you will thank your brother, haa."

Sravya smiled faintly and said, "I."

Before she could say more, Avinav cut her off and said, "Tell me when you are ready. But don't forget that your brother will always be there for you, no matter what."

Sravya kissed his cheeks and said, "You are the best."

Avinav winked at her and said, "I know."

Sravya giggled, listening to him, and asked, "By the way, why did you come leaving my Vadina?"

"I have come here to call you for dinner. Now, go and freshen up. You are looking like a witch with your messed-up hair, smudged mascara, and runny nose," said Avinav, smiling mischievously.