~ 11 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Sravya was sitting in the room with a sheet mask on her face and reading a book while humming a tune. She was engrossed in reading the book when her phone started to buzz. She looked at the caller ID and saw it was Surya. She put a bookmark on it, closed the book, and put it aside.

"Hey!" Sravya said, answering the call.

"Hello! What are you doing?" asked Surya.

"Nothing, just reading a book," said Sravya.

"Instead of enjoying yourself with your cousins, you are reading a book. How bad?" said Surya.

Sravya laughed and said, "Most of them are sleeping as we have to wake up early. I'm not getting sleep, so I'm reading a book."

"How are the wedding preparations going on?" asked Surya.

"Full on swing. Tomorrow, by this time, the marriage will be finished," said Sravya.

"Hmm! She will be Mrs. Maya Avinav Krishna Reddy," Surya said, smiling sadly.

Sravya stayed silent for a minute and asked, "So, how is your vacation?"

Surya smiled and said, "Good. We are having fun."

Just then, Maya came into the room. Sravya looked at Maya and smiled at her. Maya gestured for Sravya to switch on the speaker silently. Sravya nodded her head reluctantly and switched on the speaker.

"Hello, Sravya! Are you there?" asked Surya from the other side, as there was no response from Sravya.

Maya smiled, listening to her best friend's voice after a long time, but soon her eyes brimmed with tears as the realisation hit her that he wasn't talking with her. Sravya pressed her hand gently, while Maya composed herself and gestured for her to speak with him.

"Yeah! Sorry! I was just lost somewhere," said Sravya.

"Are you dreaming without sleeping too?" asked Surya, laughing.

Sravya rolled her eyes and said, "Yeah! Do you have any problems with that? By the way, did you see the invitation?"

"Hmm," mumbled Surya.

"So, are you coming?" asked Sravya, even though she knew the answer.

On the other side, Surya was confused. Why was she asking when she knew that he wasn't going to come?

"Wait! Is she around her?" thought Surya.

"No," said Surya.

Sravya looked at Maya, who was playing with her fingers. What's her mistake? At least he could have dropped her a congratulations message.