~ 20 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

After two days, the whole Varma family is getting ready to go to their farmhouse. Today is Taara's biological mother, Roshini's death anniversary. Every year, they would go there, perform the rituals that needed to be done, and do Annadhan for the poor people in their Kuldevi temple. Like every year, the Varma family is going there, and this time the Murthy family is going to join them too. Laxmi and Srinivas are checking whether they have bought everything required. Surya is talking with someone on the phone and instructing them. Janardhan and Taara are sitting silently in the living room. Taara placed her head on Janardhan's shoulder and played with his bracelet.

Niranjana is in her room, looking at her little sister's photo and crying silently. It's been almost twenty years since Roshini passed away, but there isn't a day she hasn't missed her and thought about her, and that too when a part of her is with them. She regretted the day she made Roshini agree to marry Manohar. She thought that Roshini would be with her forever and asked to give her a thought about marrying Manohar. Roshini too thought the same and agreed to marry Manohar so that she could be with her sister, as she didn't have any family apart from her father and elder sister.

It's not that Manohar tortured Roshini. Their married life was peaceful and content. Roshini is happy with him in those seven years of her married life. She doesn't know whether Manohar loved Roshini or not, but Roshini loved him wholeheartedly. He used to take care of her, respect her, understand her, and stand by her side when she was feeling weak. She felt like slapping him when he refused to look at the baby boy and blamed him for the death of Roshini.

When the baby boy passed away, instead of feeling sad, Manohar said that it was good that he died, as he was the reason behind Roshini's death. It hurt her a lot when he didn't value the sacrifice of his little sister. They tried to make him understand, but he was stuck to that point. So they let him go, thinking that he was depressed by Roshini's death. But what shocked and hurt her the most was the way he moved on and married Madhu, just seven months after Roshini's demise. He said that he married her because he didn't want his daughter to grow motherless. No one in the family was happy with his decision. The whole family has never gotten positive vibes around her. Later, after what happened, she lost respect for that man.

After a while, Raman, Ragini, Meera, and Veeru came inside. Diya couldn't come as she didn't get the leave. Janardhan, Laxmi, Srinivas, Surya, and Taara greeted them.

"Where is Vadina?" asked Meera, looking around.

Taara smiled faintly and said, "She is in her room. Wait, Ill go and call her," and she went from there to call Niranjana.

Taara went to her parents room and saw the door open. She stood at the door and sighed as she saw her crying silently, remembering her mother. She went inside and placed her hand on her shoulder, startling Niranjana.

"Sh, Amma. It's me," said Taara.

"I wish she was here," said Niranjana, hugging Taara.

Taara wiped off her tears and wrapped her arms around Niranjana. She let her mother cry. Taara does feel hurt and wishes that her mother was there with her now. But she feels that her pain is a bit less than Niranjana's. She just spent five years with her mother, but Niranjana grew up with Roshini and spent more than thirty years with her. Niranjana fulfilled the role of Roshini and never let her feel that she wasn't her biological mother. But there was no one for Niranjana to fill the place of her younger sister. So, she always feels that Niranjana's pain is greater than hers.