~ 31 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Sravya looked at Dharani, who was sleeping peacefully. She is sleeping without any worries, unlike every day, as she knows that Sravya will help her meet her family. She knows that it will be hard for them to believe that she is their other and the elder granddaughter of the family who is living in front of them with another identity. Somewhere in the corner of her heart, she is afraid of their reactions. Will they accept her? What if they didn't want her in their lives? She knows that they have been searching for her, but she couldn't help but be afraid of whether they would accept her or not. Sravya assured her that everything would be fine and not to stress as it wasn't good for her, and she trusted her.

Sravya is tossing in the bed. She is thinking about tomorrow. Tomorrow? Nah! It's past 2 a.m. already, and the sleep seems to be far away from her eyes. What does she have to tell her parents tomorrow morning? She needs to be with Dharani for at least one day, as this is a new place. She will introduce her to some of the staff over there so that they can look after her until she stays here. And moreover, they are going to meet Surya. Thinking of Surya, how is he going to react tomorrow when he learns the truth? She knows about his dislike for Dharani, as he once told her. She got the love of the father, which is Taara's right, according to him. But Dharani isn't living a fairy tale life either. Will he believe her in the first place? Of course he won't, and there is no doubt about that. They need to go for the DNA test again, for sure. She sighed and closed her eyes. Tomorrow is going to be a long day for her.

Then the next morning, Sravya woke up at 6:30 a.m. and moved downstairs to spend some time with the kids. Before going, she put a note on the table that she was going downstairs, as Dharani might get worried upon not seeing her. Dharani woke up around 7:30 a.m. She saw the note that was stuck on the wall. She carefully stood up and went to freshen up. After a while, she came out in a bathrobe and got ready in a simple cotton saree.

She sat on the bed and picked up Akash's photo that she had placed on the nightstand.

"I hope our baby will be safe, Akki. I won't be able to take it if something happens to him," said Dharani, looking at the photo.

She sat there, thinking about her life. She doesn't know how many days she will live, but she wants to spend her last days with her family. She wants to feel their love, get pampered by them, eat from their hands, sleep in her aunt's and grandma's lap, want them to be by her side when she is going through labour, want to see her son loved by them, and then die peacefully.

She just has a few days or months to experience whatever she has missed in these twenty-four years. Her twenty-four years of life are a lie. Yes, she was Dharani Varma before she learned about her true identity, and she is Dharani Varma even now too. But there is a difference. She was known as the daughter of Manohar Varma and Madhu, whereas she is Dharani Varma, the elder and biological daughter of Manohar Varma and Roshini Varma. Others may think there is no big deal in it, as she is still the daughter of Varma's. But it's really a big deal for her. She never got the chance to see her biological mother, nor did she experience the love of her adoptive mother. Her father is right in front of her, but for him, she is adopted by Madhu, as she couldn't be a mother. She is reminded every time by Madhu that she is adopted, and she must be grateful for that. Yes, he loved her, but still, they didn't have the father-daughter bond that she had always craved. Didn't she miss the love of her family?