~ 32 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Surya and Sravya are sitting on the terrace of the Happy Home. Dharani and Janardhan are spending quality time with each other. The DNA reports came yesterday, and Surya was surprised, shocked, overwhelmed, and whatnot. They have been searching for the person who is in front of them all these years. The first thing he did after receiving the reports was meet his grandfather and tell him everything. Janardhan was taken aback when he learned the truth. He didn't understand what to say. He just hugged his grandson and burst into tears. Surya was taken aback by that. Janardhan wanted to tell his family about it, but Surya stopped him and asked to meet Janardhan. He told him that they should surprise her by bringing the whole family to meet her.

Surya looked at Sravya, who was busy gazing at stars and glowing under the moonlight. She looked happy, which brought a smile to his face too.

Sravya, who felt his constant gaze, looked at him and asked, "What are you looking at?"

"You," said Surya, looking at her intensely.

Surya bit her lip and asked, "And stop doing that."

Surya tucked her tresses, smirked at her, and asked, "And why is that? You know, it's a sin not to admire beauty."

Sravya shook her head and said, "You are too much."

Surya pointed at the moon and said, "See, even the Chandamama (Moon) is shining brightly today looking at you. You make everyone bright."

Sravya giggled, listening to him, and said, "Did you do a Ph.D. in flirting? Where did you learn all these cheesy lines?"

Surya placed a hand on his heart and dramatically said, "Ah! You hurt my poor heart."

Sravya shook her head and said, "Such a drama queen you are, Mr. Varma," and she stood up to leave, only to be held by him.

Sravya looked at her hand, which was held by Surya, and then looked at him, hoping that he would leave her, but he tightened his hold on her hand.

"Shall we dance?" asked Surya.

Sravya looked at him weirdly and asked, "What? You are crazy."

Surya shrugged his shoulders and said, "Okay! I know that I'm a bit crazy. But what's wrong? I'm happy, so I want to dance. So, I'm asking you to give me company."

"Music?" asked Sravya.

Surya took his mobile from his pant pocket and said, "Which genre?"

Sravya smiled and said, "Melody."

"Sure, just give me a minute. I'll create a playlist," said Surya.

Surya put on the music, extended his hand for her, and asked, "Shall we?"

"Yes!" said Sravya, and she held his hand.

He smiled, looking at her, and gently twirled her into his arms. They gently swayed their bodies gracefully to the rhythm. Surya looked into her black eyes, which were glistening, and a small smile was spread across her face. He felt an urge to caress her cheeks. He was a bit hesitating at first, but he couldn't stop himself from caressing them, making her look at him.

Sravya looked at him and mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Surya looked at her confusedly and asked, "For what?"

"I shouldn't have slapped you that day. I couldn't control myself when you spoke badly about her, so I slapped you. But then I thought for a while. Your family has gone through a lot because of your uncle and his wife. So, you are right in your place for suspecting her," said Sravya apologetically.

Surya tucked her tresses behind her ear and said, "Maybe somewhere I deserved that slap. I felt that I had overreacted a little. I don't know, but yeah, somewhere a part of me is scared. What if they were actually planning something against us?"

Sravya hummed, listening to him, wrapped her arms around his neck, and leaned her head on his chest while he wrapped his hand around her back. They were just swaying their bodies softly to the music, with never-ending smiles spread across their faces, and mostly enjoying the moment.

Sravya tilted her head and asked, "Why don't we plan a baby shower for your sister? It's one of the most memorable moments in the life of a woman."

Surya smiled, listening to her, and said, "That's actually a good idea. Moreover, she is going to enter her eighth month in a few days. So, we need to plan before that."

"Why don't you and your family surprise her with that?" asked Sravya.

"I will talk with Thatha. By the way, what did you say to Aunty and Uncle?" said Surya.

Sravya sighed and said, "I haven't told them anything yet. They are also busy with their respective work, but I have to tell them. What about you?"

Surya sighed and said, "I have told them that I am working on a project."

Sravya looked at him in disbelief and said, "Seriously?"

Surya smiled sheepishly and said, "I was actually working on something for the past few months."

"Oh!" said Sravya, and she again leaned her head on his chest.

After a moment, he heard her saying, "It feels like a dream."

"Dream?" asked Surya confusedly.

"I and you alone under the moonlight, with me in your arms, listening to your heartbeat," mumbled Sravya.

"It's reality, Ms. Reddy. Not a dream," said Surya.

Sravya smiled sadly and said, "I know. But. Just leave it, Surya."

She wanted to run from there. Day by day, she is getting attached to him when she doesn't want to. She can't hurt her already bleeding heart, raising her hopes. Is there hope for them? Her heart cried! How much she tries, she can't stop herself from talking to him when all she wants to do is avoid him for her best. But what can she do when her heart always wins over her mind?