~ 14 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

It was around 3 a.m. when Surya and Pranav reached their respective homes. No one knew that they were returning. Surya stood outside the main door and called his sister. Taara answered the call a fourth time, making him sigh in relief.

"Why did you call me at this time, idiot?" Taara yelled in irritation, answering the call.

Surya rolled his eyes and said, "You can shout at me later. Now please do the honours of coming down and opening the door."

"Wait, are you here? You didn't even tell me that you were returning," said Taara.

Surya sighed and said, "Akka, you can ask all your KBC questions later. First, come and open the door. It's raining."

"Wait, I'm coming," said Taara.

After five minutes, Taara opened the door and saw Surya shivering. She smiled sheepishly, muttered "sorry" to him, and took one of his bags.

She locked the door, looked at him, and asked, "Coffee?"

"Yeah! I badly need it," said Surya, taking the bag from her.

"You go and change. I'll bring it by then," said Taara.

After ten minutes, Taara poured the hot filter coffee into two mugs and placed them on a tray along with some cookies. She pushed the door open and saw him lying on the bed on his stomach while looking at his mobile. She put the tray on the table and slapped his bum, making him glare at her.

"Akka, how many times do I have to tell you not to spank?" Surya said, taking his coffee mug.

"Then what are you doing when I have asked you to change?" asked Taara.

"I don't have the energy to change. So let me have this coffee and cookies, then I'll get some energy," said Surya.

Taara rolled her eyes and said, "Fine! Do whatever you want."

"Umm, this is heaven. I have missed this filter coffee badly," Surya said, taking a sip of coffee.

"Didn't you get coffee there?" asked Taara.

"There is coffee. But how can I get the taste of home-made filter coffee?" asked Surya, taking a bite of the cookie.

Taara nodded her head and asked, "I thought you would be coming after two days."

"Umm, well, that's what we planned. But we need to take our hall tickets and prepare for the exams; there was only one week for our exams," said Surya without looking at his sister.

Taara looked at him for a moment and said, "Oh!"

After a while, both the sister-brother duo slept. It's around 7 a.m. Niranjana came to wake up Taara and found her room empty. She saw Surya's room door open and frowned. She peeped inside and saw the sister-brother duo sleeping.

"When did he come?" thought Niranjana.

Niranjana went towards them and woke them up.

"Urgh, let me sleep, Amma. That brother of mine woke me up in the middle of the night," said Taara, turning her face to the other side.

Niranjana shook her head and went from there.

At 8 a.m., Janardhan, Laxmi, Srinivas, and Niranjana sat down to have their breakfast.

"Where is my baby? Didn't she wake up yet?" asked Janardhan.

"She and Surya were sleeping. I think he came at midnight and woke her up," said Niranjana, serving breakfast for them.

"Isn't he supposed to come after two days?" asked Laxmi.