~ 33 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Sravya was busy admiring Surya, who was busy studying. Dharani, who was lying on the bed, noticed this. She didn't fail to notice the sparks between them, their secret glances, the way they get lost in each other, forgetting the whole world, the way Sravya got tensed when Surya met with an accident and yelled at him for not being careful, and the way Surya silently took care of Sravya. Amidst all these, she didn't understand what's stopping them from being a couple. She decided to play a part in uniting them if both of them have feelings for each other and leave the rest for destiny, as she didn't have a long time to stay on earth. She knows that the day is near when she has to leave everyone and go. 

She fainted a few days ago, and the next moment she was admitted to the hospital. The doctor advised her to be under her observation until her delivery, and much to her dismay, her grandfather, brother, and Sravya agreed with the doctor. Now she is in one of the private rooms of the Medicare hospital. Janardhan would stay with her in the morning, and Surya or Sravya would stay with her at night, or sometimes both of them would stay. Today, Janardhan asked them to stay with Dharani, saying that he had some important work to take care of.

She is really happy to have met her family and spent some time with them, though it was for a short span of time. Laxmi talked with her two to three times, asking her to take care of herself and the baby. She felt happy when her grandmother talked with her. She caressed her baby bump lovingly, but the next moment, she felt bad as she couldn't be with her baby. She doesn't even know whether she could see her baby for once before she leaves this world.

"Sravya!" Dharani called, giving a break to Sravya's thoughts.

Sravya looked at her, went towards her, and asked, "Yes! What happened? Are you feeling uncomfortable? Should I call the doctor?"

Dharani held Sravya's hand and said, "Sh! Calm down. I'm fine. I just wanted to have a talk with you."

"Me?" asked Sravya, confused.

"Yes! Sit here," said Dharani, pointing at the stool beside her bed.

Sravya sat on the stool and said, "Yes! Tell me."

"Do you love my brother?" asked Dharani, keenly looking at Sravya.

She noticed the small smile crept onto her face, and she also noticed how she became within a moment. Sravya looked at Surya from the corner of her eyes, who was busy doing an assignment while listening to the music.

"Why did you ask that?" asked Sravya, stammering.

Dharani shrugged her shoulders and said, "Just like that. I can see the love you have for him in your eyes."

Sravya bit her lip and said, "There is nothing like that."

Dharani rolled her eyes and said, "Don't try to fool me. If you have forgotten, even I'm in love with my Akki. So, tell me the truth."

Surya sighed and said, "I did."

"Did? Mean, don't you love him now?" asked Dharani.

"I'm trying to move on from him," said Sravya.

"Were you guys in a relationship before and had a breakup?" asked Dharani, confused.

"No! We weren't in a relationship before. It was just one-sided love from my side," said Sravya.

"Didn't you ever try to express your feelings to him?" asked Dharani.

"I didn't," said Sravya.

"Why?" asked Dharani.

Why didn't Sravya make a move from her side? Her brother would have accepted her proposal if she had, right? Or wouldn't he?

"He loves someone else," said Sravya, smiling sadly.

Dharani was surprised, listening to her now. Did she misinterpret everything wrong? Is there no chance for them to be together? They really looked so cute together.

"Oh! So, he is in a relationship," said Dharani.

"No! Even his love is one-sided. That girl loves someone else, and she got married to him a few months ago," said Sravya.

Dharani felt like banging her head now. It sounds so complicated. Sravya loves Surya, while Surya loves some other girl who already loves someone else and is married. She sighed and took a deep breath. Wait a minute; that means there is a chance. She thanked God and prayed to God to fulfil her wish.