~ 26 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Surya was sitting in his room, scribbling something on the paper, when Taara knocked on the door. Surya raised his head and saw Taara standing at the door with a tray in her hands.

"Come inside, Akka. And why are you knocking on the door when the door is open?" asked Surya.

"So that you would learn to knock on my door," said Taara, coming inside.

Surya rolled his eyes and asked, "When did I come inside your room without knocking?"

"Not every time, but sometimes," said Taara, giving the peach smoothie to him.

"What do you want?" asked Surya, taking his glass.

Taara sat on the bed, hit his head, and said, "I don't need anything. If you don't want it, then return it to me."

Surya smiled sheepishly and said, "You made this with so much love, Akka. How will I not drink it?"

"I didn't make it with love; I prepared it with peaches," said Taara, smiling cheekily.

Surya rolled his eyes and said, "That's a lame one. I didn't get laughter."

Taara took a sip of her smoothie and said, "And I didn't ask you to laugh too."

"Whatever!" said Surya, taking a sip of his smoothie.

"What are you doing?" Taara said, glancing at the paper.

"Nothing. I was writing some code. So, tell me, how did I get lucky enough to taste your handmade smoothie? Are you learning so that it will be helpful for you in the future?" said Surya.

Taara glared at him, punched on his stomach, and said, "You are saying as if I didn't cook before and you didn't eat before."

Surya winced and said, "Ah, Rakshasi (devil)! Stop using your famous punches on me. It's hurting, you idiot."

Taara twisted her mouth in annoyance and said, "Serves you right!"

Surya sipped his smoothie and asked, "I'll ask Amma and Nanna to get you married quickly."

Taara looked at him, narrowing her eyes, and asked, "You seem to be eager to send me away from you guys."

"You know. There are many benefits if you marry and go to your in-laws' home. First benefit: I'll be saved from your punches. Second benefit: me and my darling can tease Thatha, as you won't be there to support him. Third benefit: I won't become the Bali ka bakra (scapegoat) of your cooking experiments. Here comes the most important benefit: I can save my precious shirts and tees," said Surya, grinning like a fool.

Taara glared at him and again punched him, making him wince.

"Ow! Stop punching like that, idiot," said Surya, glaring at Taara.