21~ Ruhanika~ An apple of the eye

Niranjana turned around, with Jeevika close behind, looking all confused as she sensed something tense in the atmosphere

"Who's here, dadi sa?"

Jeevika asked, looking at the fancy car.

"We'll find out once it's hopped off from the car, you know!"

Niranjana just shrugged since she couldn't see inside the car. The glass was so dark that it was impossible to look through.

"Should I as__"

Jeevika just clammed up when she noticed something unfamiliar in Niranjana's eyes, like maybe she was feeling happy or satisfied.

"Ruhanika"

Excitedly, she shouted her granddaughter's name and walked briskly towards the car as Ruhanika jumped out.

"You've gained weight, it seems like you're not really watching what you eat!"

Jeevika just frowned and decided to stay silent, allowing the duo to chat. She figured this could be an opportunity to gather some information about a new person.

"You just show up, not even a little time has passed and your scolding starts!"

"What should I do? I am compelled by habit and you are the habit that forces me to speak."

Niranjana gave her a fake glare, but ultimately hugged her happily. It's been over six years since they last saw each other, as she was studying in a different city for her graduation because of some reasons. She recently completed a fashion designing course and is now considering investing in her own startup company.

"Is she?"

Ruhanika gestured towards Jeevika, who was just standing there all confused. At the same time, Niranjana held her daughter-in-law's hand and pulled her closer, wrapping her arm around her shoulder.

"Your bhabhi-sa"

(Bhabhi- Sister-in-law)

Ruhanika glanced at Jeevika, not showing any emotions because she was always quiet and liked to keep to herself. It seems like she picked up Yuvan's habit of being silent after spending time with him.

"Hello"

Jeevika decided to start the conversation because Ruhanika was being unusually quiet, and Niranjana couldn't help but notice. She wondered if her daughter had actually forgiven her Yuvan, but deep down she knew it wasn't true. Nah!

"Aeiii what are you doing?"

Jeevika immediately rested her hand on Ruhanika's shoulder as she gracefully bent down to touch her feet, showing respect to her sister-in-law according to tradition.

"Gale milo"

(Let's hug each other)

Ruhanika had a cute little smile and gave Jeevika a big, genuine hug because she was starting to really like her nature.