29~ A conversation between Mother and daughter

"You did the wrong thing, Ruhi

"You did the wrong thing, Ruhi."

Jeevika was sitting in the stone at the back of the house, whispering and crying.

"How do they just brush me off after showering me with all their love?"

Jeevika was so furious that she couldn't help but scratch the wall, desperately trying not to yell and upset Vasundhara or make her worry. She clenched her teeth tight while speaking, every word filled with anger.

"I'm never going to forgive this!"

Jeevika just couldn't take it anymore and let the tears flow as she leaned against the wall. It was all happening because she knew exactly how Yuvan felt in that moment, when he held her hand and begged her to make a wise decision. He wanted her to reject her father's proposal and stay with him, but not forcefully!

"Jeevika, suno."

(Jeevika listen)

Vasundhara gave her a call, causing Jeevika to suddenly stop what she was doing. She made her way to the handpump, got some water, and cleaned her face. Unfortunately, her swollen eyes couldn't disguise anything.

"Diya dheeme karke aa jao hamare paas."

(Slow down the lamp and come to me)

Jeevika nodded and sat next to her mom, keeping a comfortable distance. She started playing with a thread from a blanket, making Vasundhara signs.

"Sleep here."

Vasundhara opened her left arm and gently patted the bed. Jeevika shook her head in concern, afraid that her mother's injury might worsen and cause more pain!

"Now I'm feeling even better than before! I wanted to sleep with my jeevi tonight, so come on over!

Vasundhara gently held Jeevika's hand and pulled her closer. Seeing this, Jeevika sighed in defeat and snuggled into her mother's arms, resting her head on her chest. Vasundhara smiled, nostalgic to see Jeevika's actions reminiscent of her childhood, when she would sleep on her lap like this and ask for sweet mixed imali in the middle of the night.

"Kahe inn aansuon ko barbad karti rehti ho, huh?"

(Why do you keep wasting these tears?)

Vasundhara gently asked Jeevika while stroking her long hair, causing her to snuggle into her mother's embrace. Sometimes, mothers have a way of saying things that unexpectedly stir up pain in the heart, making one feel lighter and that's exactly what was happening to Jeevika, as she started feeling weak all of a sudden. She hoped that her mother would now guide her on how to tackle all these challenges.

"Amma, kuch sahi nahi ho raha hai, sab galat hamare sath hi ho rha hai."

(Amma, nothing is going right, everything wrong is happening with me only.)