39~ Hidden depths of Jeevika's persona

"Why are you walking at a slow pace sir, aren't you getting late?"

Yuvan spun around when he heard Jeevika, who was just standing there with her arms crossed, patiently waiting for him to leave the basement so they could go inside and avoid any suspicion.

"What did you just call me?"

He asked, casually slinging his hand into his pocket, giving her those flirty raised eyebrows.

"Sir!"

Jeevika spoke, casually shrugging her shoulders and walking past him, only to widen her eyes and gasp in shock when he playfully spanked her right butt. She turned around, glaring at him but tilted her head back slightly when she saw his face so close to hers, making her look at him timidly.

"For you, kitten, it's Yuvan-babu!"

He playfully gave her bum another squeeze, causing Jeevika to squirm. She quickly spun around, ready to retaliate by tugging him back, but he cleverly leaned away with a smirk and a mock sympathetic expression, fueling Jeevika's anger even more.

"Yuvan! Hold up, where do you think you're going? Stop right there!"

Jeevika chidded, trying her best to catch Yuvan but he was too slick, slipping right out of her grasp. She wasn't about to give up though, so she went after him as he sauntered into his private domain. He pulls his sympathy card, making a sad face when Jeeva trips on her saree and instead of helping her out, he just stands there, looking all smug with his hand in his pocket.

"You...."

Jeevika winden her eyes with raised eyebrows, extending her hand towards the elevator, hoping it wouldn't close. She hurried up her pace to reach the elevator, but it took forever. By the time she reached it, the doors had already closed, leaving only a glimpse of Yuvan's again pitiful face visible. This made Jeevika even angrier.

"Clever... but he looked really cool while defending so smoothly."

Jeevika mumbled, hitting the bathroom to get rid of bangles for now and extra makeup.' Plus, she didn't want anyone giving her unnecessary attention, so she had to hide vermilion and mangalsutra too. All she did was slap on some lip balm, wipe away the red-filled hairline as best as she could, and create a tiny line to signify it was still there and then, she flawlessly covered it all up with her hair, Perfection!

Jeevika walked up to the Farsi lady and she gave her a friendly pat on the shoulder, causing Jeevika to blush in surprise.

"Aaj toh tum new bride ki tarah lag raha hai, my child."

(You are looking like a new bride, my child.)

Jennifer, the Parsi lady, spoke and Jeevika couldn't help but smile a bit as she took notes for today's meeting. On her first day, she got to know all about the boss and how his day unfolds, thanks to her.