62~ The power of courage: A survivor

|In the courtroom|

|In the courtroom|

The courtroom is filled with tension as Satya, Yuvan, and Jeevika sit beside Ruhanika and Niranjana on one side of the bench, while Vikram Geoneka is accompanied by his lawyer on the other. People outside are chatting with posters, eagerly awaiting the court's decision, creating a heavy atmosphere of anticipation.

In the courtroom, as soon as the judge entered, everyone stood up and then sat down. Satya was seated between Yuvan and Jeevika, while the police and a few private individuals stood in a line. Vikram shifted uncomfortably under Yuvan's stern glare, trying to avoid seeing Satya's distress. As more people, including girls he had mistreated, entered and sat behind Satya, Vikram's expression turned sombre.

The hiring started, and soon Satya was standing tall, her eyes fixed on Vikram, speaking with determination. On the other side, Vikram was standing with handcuffs in his hands on the other cistern.

"Vikram Geoneka brutally raped me, killed my husband, shattered my life, and scarred my soul to no end. I am not just a victim, but a survivor, and I stand before you to assert this truth."

The room falls into silence as Satya's words echo, her voice filled with raw emotions. Meanwhile Jeevika was holding Yuvan's hands, understanding how much it was affecting him, just like her. His eyes were filled with tears, but he was trying his best not to cry. He stayed strong and just kept looking at his mother, who was standing there with determination.

"Rajendra hamare pyar the....lekin hamare aakhon ke samne unhe buri tarike se maar diya gaya....Apne woh halat bayan karne Ja rahi hoon jaha jine ki umeed chhod chuki thi....aur ab jeete jeete ji mar rahi hoon.....aur meri barbadi ka karad inn jhund mein aakar haivano ne loot li oos raat...kuch salo phele hum ladna chahte the lekin paiso ki bol ne hamare case band karva diya...bolte hai ladkiya chhote kapde pehen ti hai isliye rape hota hai, aree ab 5 saal ki bachi ko saree kaise pehnaye? Darindo ne mere ghav ko noch kar rakh diye mere bete aur pati ke samne...jinhe Aaj Tak marham laga rahi hoon lekin kya karu ye zakham theek hone ka naam hi nahi leti hain..bahut aasan lagta hoga kuch logo ke liye ki balatkar hi toh hua hai...yeh iss desh ke samvidhan par nanga-nach hua hai."

(Rajendra, I loved him...but he was killed in a brutal way in front of my eyes..I am trying to narrate my situation where all hope has been lost..and now I am dying while I am still alive and the cause of my destruction was that the beasts in the herd destroy me that night...For a few years I wanted to fight for me but the fear of money stopped our case..They say that the girl is wearing short clothes because she is being raped, Now how should a 5 year old girl wear a saree? The brutes scratched my wound and exposed it to my son and husband...Till today I am healing them, but what should I do, these wounds are not getting healed...It would be very easy for some people to think that rape has happened...this is naked dancing on the Constitution of this country.)

Satya continued, her unwavering voice echoed in the room. Everyone's gaze turned down hearing an unbearable incident which shattered someone so badly that the wound is not ready to heal. It had given a lifetime stigma in their life.