59~ A Kiss of Longing

Yuvan popped back into the mansion after a week in the early afternoon without giving anyone a heads-up

Yuvan popped back into the mansion after a week in the early afternoon without giving anyone a heads-up. The once dreary mansion was now bustling with laughter and chatter. His eyes locked on Satya, her laughter sounding like a beautiful melody he had longed to hear. As he made his way further into the living room, everyone's attention turned to him, but his focus was solely on that one person he had missed dearly. He noticed her eyes softening and her face lighting up with a happiness she struggled to conceal; his Ardhangini ji.

"Yuvan........."

Yuvan's eyes wandered to Satya who shouted his name after ten years. Seeming a bit slow to react, he stood frozen until Satya rushed over to him, tears welling up in her eyes hugging him tightly. His arms went around her back instinctively, holding her close. He blinked back his tears as Satya cried in his embrace.

"My soul..... found pea...ce."

Satya was sobbing, which made it hard for Yuvan to control his own tears. She was overwhelmed with emotions, always wanting to stay close to Yuvan but the situation didn't allow it. Feeling defeated and weak, she used to receive threats from Vikram about harming her son, something she never wanted. Now, seeing Vikram handcuffed brought peace to her soul. Each downfall and defeat Vikram faced gave her inner peace. Satya never imagined she would get justice, but her son stood by his word and finally achieved it after struggling and risking his own life.

Satya held Yuvan's hands, leaning down and placing a kiss on them while expressing her love, but eventually ended up crying on them. One tear falling from Yuvan's eyes made everyone tear up because the usually strong person in the house had tears in his eyes, except for Jeevika who knew that Yuvan has always been emotional. She had seen him cry on her lap, sharing his deepest secrets and past experiences.

"Mera bacchaaaa......kais....e chukau yeh ehsaan aap ka."

(I don't know how I can ever thank you enough for this favour, my child.)

Satya was stumbling over her words, struggling to get them out, and feeling a little shaky with her head lowered. When she felt a tightening grip on her shoulder, she glanced up.

"Please don't ever say that....you're my mimi. I wish I could take on all the pain you've been feeling all these years."

Yuvan softly said comforting words to Satya as he wiped away her tears, feeling the pain in his heart. He gently placed his hand on her head and drew her close to his chest, where she cried while holding onto his shirt. Since Rajendra's passing, the person she missed the most was her son, who used to affectionately call her mimi. Looking over, he noticed the rest of the family watching them in the living room. Yuvan opened his arms, prompting Niranjana and Ruhanika to rush into his embrace, while Jeevika remained on the sidelines, silently observing the reunion. Yuvan motioned for her to join in, but Jeevika simply walked into their room, leaving him perplexed and with a quickly racing heart from her fleeting glance.