43~ Pink ghagra choli - fierce competition

Every day, Jeevika lazily woke up in her apartment and reached for her phone, checking the call list where Shankar's name was always at the top

Every day, Jeevika lazily woke up in her apartment and reached for her phone, checking the call list where Shankar's name was always at the top. Just like every morning after the incident, she tried calling him, but the call just kept ringing with no answer like it always did.

"Dekhna aap baba, ek baar aap ko mana ke phir hum bhi aap se gussa hoke badla lenge."

(Nice try, father. Once I manofy you, then I too will get angry with you and take revenge.)

Jeevika admired the photo of her parents on her phone's wallpaper as she got dressed in an organza flowy anarkali with loose braids framing her face. While leaving the building, she noticed Sahil sipping coffee on the balcony across the way. She averted her gaze when he retreated inside, feeling a sense of disappointment.

Jeevika made her usual visit to the hospital in the Ruhanika ward and found her peacefully sleeping. She lightly freshened her face with a wet towel and cleaned the surrounding area to keep germs away, checking that everything was okay.

"Aaj phir jaldi aa gyin aap."

(You arrived early today again.)

Jeevika spun around when she heard Niranjana with the breakfast tiffin in her hand. She took it from her hand after giving a small smile.

"Kya kare baba ke aise roop humein sone nahi de raha hai."

(What should I do, my father's such form is not letting me sleep.)

Nirajana giggled a little as she sat down next to Ruhanika's chair after giving her a sweet kiss on the forehead.

"Humein nahi lagta humein pota ya poti jaldi naseeb hoga ab."

(I don't think I will have a grandson or granddaughter anytime soon.)

Jeevika paused her work when she heard Niranjana using a playful tone and trying to hold back her smile while teasing her daughter-in-law.

"Aap bhi na dadi-sa...."

(Grandmother...)

Jeevika couldn't believe it, she had flushed cheeks but then she pulled out separate doctor-recommended light food for Ruhanika and separate plates for Niranjana and herself. There was still some time for Ruhanika to eat, so they all sat on the couch with their breakfast as usual.

"Yeh kon insaan hai jisse humari aur Yuvan-babu ki khushi dekhi nahi ja rahi hai!"

(This is the person who we are not able to see the happiness of my and Yuvan-babu!)

Jeevika said while chomping on some bread wrapped in avocado paste and other yummy things, all while looking pretty mad.

"Ussi ka pata apke Yuvan-babu laga rahe hai."

(Your Yuvan Babu is finding out the same.)

Uh-oh, Nirajana's comment totally caught Jeevika off guard. She quickly realised she had revealed too much, but she tried to play it off by faking a cough and acting casual.