9

2023

Marc

I sit side to side with Mariana on the sand, the sky was a dim blue slowly getting over powered by the orange appear from behind the horizon. The only sound around us being the birds and the wave crashing onto the land. I glance over at her as the beams of the orange sun hit her directly. I smile softly watching as her smile. This girl meant the absolute world to me. I wrap my arm around her shoulder pulling her closer to be as I look back.
Moments like these made me wish that I could stay with her every second of the day. She rest her head on my shoulder. I move my hand slightly to poke at her cheek causing her to swat it away but I didn't stop.
"Marc" she chuckles.
I laugh softly as I stop and just move her hair behind her ear.
After a few more moments the sun was finally out and we stay stayed their just enjoying the moment. "Que tal..I take you to get ice cream later?" I suggest.
The girl looks over at me and nods. "Yeah, I'd like that."
I nod back at her, my eyes trained on her face the whole time. I reach myhand out and take her face into my hands, pressing my lips to hers. "Eres muy hermosa." I whisper against her lips. I pull away slightly to see her fighting back her blush. I smile and press my lips to her cheek, letting them linger for a few seconds before i pull away and get on my feet. "We should get you home before your brother wakes up" I tell her, holding out my hand for her. She nods taking it and standing up.
I walk in front of her before hunching down, signaling for her to get on my bad. She chuckles as she hops on, resting her head on my shoulder as I start to walk.

Eventually I make it to her house and I open the front gate. Carefully I set the girl down right in front of her door. "Gracias." She say, standing up on her tiptoes to press a kiss to my lips. "I'll see you later." I tell her taking a slight step back. She nods at me opening the front door. "T'estimo." I say in Catalan. She turns back to me and smiles widely. "Te amo." She repeats in Spanish, then waves at me, closing the door.
I smile as I walk away. I shove my hands in my pockets, thinking about all the times this one girl made me feel. She made me feel like the most lucky guy in the universe. I make my way back to my house. Practically skipping the whole way there.

.
.
.

Mariana

I quietly close the door, locking it behind me. I start to slowly make my wave to the stairs when I get stop by a loud cough. I freeze and turn to look over. My brother stood there with his arms crossed over his chest. He was leaning against the entrance of the living room. "So are you going to explain?" His voice was calm, but I could tell that he was irritated. I hesitate for a second before responding. "I went to go watch the sunrise." I whisper, playing with my fingers as I avoid his eye contact. "Alone?" He questions. I nod, still not looking up at him know that he'll be able to tell that im lying. I hear him sigh as he pushes off the wall and walks closer to me. "I saw Marc, Mariana." That girl internally groans. "What the hell are you doing, Mariana?" Pablo says angrily walking closer to me. I still doesn't meet his gaze. "Sneaking out to meet with a boy?" He continues. I finally look at him, our eyes almost direct from each other since our height difference wasn't that much. "He's not just a boy" I argue. Pablo scoffs. "You still can't just sneak out! What if something happened to you? Mariana, you are smarter then this! You know what's wrong with sneaking out." The boy was angry with me, his eyebrows were frowned and his hands were clenched to his side.
I couldn't say anything. I didn't know what to say without making him even more upset. "How many times have you snuck out?" I stare at him.
"How many times!" I flinch at his sudden loudness, trying my hardest not to tell him to chill out and that he wasn't my dad.
"5 times" I whisper.
"You aren't like this, Mariana! He is making you? Is he manipulating you—NO!" I cut him off. "Marc is not manipulating me, I snuck out because I wanted too! Stop blaming everything I do that bothers you on him!" I says roughly, starting to make my way up the stairs back to my bedroom.
"Well he's doing something! You don't like parties! You don't like social gatherings! Joder! You don't sneak out!" He was starting to get frustrated.
I stay quiet and I just shake my head at him. "I'm going to take a nap." I mumble walking up the stairs.
Pablo sighs and grips my arm turning me to face him again. "Mari..I know you love him and he's a good kid but you can't do things you don't like and could get you in trouble." He tells me. I didn't say anything else, just took my arm from his hand and started to make my way to my bedroom. I wasn't worried about Pablo telling my parents. At least not right now. He would in the future if he catches me again. I sure of it. What made me the most upset is that he wasn't completely wrong. I did only do something just to keep Marc happy. There was a period when our relationship first started where we would go to parties almost everyday single day during summer. I'd only go because he'd wanted me to be there and I didn't want to upset him but it soon ended once school and the academy started up again but that still didn't stop Marc from trying to convince me to sneak out.
I sigh and lay down on my bed, curling up into my blanket.

few minutes later.

ding

Message from
Marcito 🤍

made it home
amor
loved by you

A/n: what do yall think?