20

2023

Mariana

I sat on my online class, with a stuffed bunny Marc had gotten me for my 10th birthday on my lap. It was the first gift the boy had ever given me.
It had been almost two hours since the fight had happened and we were yet to talk. I had a pit feeling in my stomach that's started to form in my stomach as soon as I calmed down. I regret what I said to him.
"Okay, class that's it for today. Have a nice rest of your day." My teachers voice pulls me out of my thoughts. I quickly say goodbye before hanging up the zoom call and shutting my laptop.
I sit down on my spiny chair and pull out my phone, I open up my phone app and let my fingers hover above Marc's contact name, I just it off once I look at the time to see that his training had most likely started or will start soon.
I sigh and click out of the app and go to Instagram.
I sat there thinking about what the bi wanted for a while. My account is private? and I could just ask him not to tag me? Fan find my account regardless though.
There's always more love then hate. But the hate always over powers the love. Especially if you're mean. Yeah, I don't understand how my family does it.
Well it won't be the end of the world if I just let him have what he wants. He does things I want all the time? So I should just let him.

ding
I stare at the instagram notifications. Lamine just DM'd me? That's strange. I click at the notification.

DM's with
lamineyamal

yo
what's happened between
you and marc?

nada, why?

he's been talking about you
with Hector
for like the last 20 mins
that we've been stretching
and he doesn't seem very happy.
I didn't hear why he was upset though.

we just got into a disagreement

oh, okay yeah
that would make sense.
he's telling hector how you're
always extremely unfair and
how you aren't understanding.
also mentioned how you aren't super
social and that it's annoying.
he's low key shit talking.

oh

certified snitch at your service
🫡

oh that's not..
you just ratted out your best friend.

🤷
I don't think he should talk
about his gf like that.
no matter how mad he is.
and I think Pablo might
have heard something.
he keeps side eyeing marc.
talking shit on your gf with her brother
around is crazy 😝

I think I've said too much

a bit. I appreciate
you telling me

if it makes you feel better.
Pablo always side eyes him so
it might've not heard anything
and marc and hector being quiet.
😀
seen

My chest felt tight at the message I had just read. I look at the time and decide that it was close enough too 6:30 to start heading into work. A good way to get my mind give any I just read.
I get up off my bed and grab my purse and shoes before heading down their stairs and to where my parents were.
My mom stood putting groceries away and my dad was preparing the food.
"Mami, can you take me to work today?" I ask her as I bend down to grab some groceries and help her out. Trying to act as normal as possible so she doesn't see that something is wrong.
She looks down at her watch then back up at me.
"Yeah sure cariño, put the rest of these away for me, I need to go look for something before we leave." She tells me standing upon straight.
I nod as she walks away.
"What are you making , papa?" I asks.
He looks back at me then back at the food.
"Pablo asked for spaghetti." He says to me.
"Oh he's coming over for dinner?" I says in a questioning tone.
My dad nods. "Want us to wait for you? You only have a 3 hour shift today and he doesn't get out till 8." He tells me.

I close the fridge and nod my head. "Yes please, you make the best spaghetti." I smile.
"Gracias, mija."

.
.
.

"Hey." I say walking into the bookstore. I watch as my coworkers head turns to me. "Hey, Mariana. How are you?" Lucia asks
"I'm fine, you?" I says as I pull out my workers pin and stick it into my shirt.
"I'm good." She beams. Lucias was probably the sweetest and most fun girl I've worked with so far. She had long curly black hair, gorgeous brown eyes and probably the best eyebrows I've ever seen.
The girl was just a year younger then me and has been living here in Spain for only 3 months and started working here just 1 week after me. She over here from Mexico. Hence why I can't go a single day without her saying or texting me to give her the gold back.
"Oh! I bought donut early for the workers and I saved you one!" She says excitedly as she rushes to the back room.
I smile softy as she walks away and soon comes back with donuts in her hand.
"Here you are. I didn't eat mine because i wanted to eat it with you." She beams taking a bite of hers.
"Thank you." I tel her.
"So why'd you come in like 20 minutes early? You're usually here at the dot." She asks.
I shrug. "I didn't want to be at home anymore" I sit down on a near by chair.
"Are you leave when I check in?" I asks her. She nods. "Yeah, I've been here since 1, it's been a slow days." She explains.
I nod my head and take a bit of my donut. "Why the long face?" She asks, scooting closer.
I scrunch my face. "I do not."
She chuckles. "You do."
I shake my head and laugh slightly. "That's my natural face." I joke.

"No, actually what's up? I can sense that sad aroma from you." She waves her hands in front of me acting as if she was waving a smell in front of her so she court smell it.
I shake my head at my friend comment. "I'm pretty happy with this donut in my hand."
She frowns. "C'mon tell me..are you have boyfriend troubles? Family? Oh my god, did you someone say something about you again?" She question, a small dramatic gasp escaping her lips.

"It's not important, Luc." I shrugs but she just groans.
"It's boyfriend troubles. I know this move! If it was hate you would've told me, and if it was family you would've said! So it's boyfriend problems because you don't want to talk about it because you don't anyone to dislike him or make him see bad." She points her finger at me with a slight smirk on her face.
I stare at her for a a few moments. Trying to put together what her logic was and how she was partly right, even though I've never talked to her about problems I have with Marc. I love female logic. We're so smart.

"So am I right?" She wiggles her eyebrows. I laugh. "Partly." She claps her hands happily. "Vamos!" She cheers.
"It was just a dumb fight that got a little too far, i don't want to talk about it." I tell her, standing up from my spot.
She groans. "Fine, I won't make you." She says as she follows me.

"Ooo! By the way. I blocked that one guy." She says stepping in front of me.
Now it was my turn to gasp. "The one we spent like 1 hour stalking?" I question. Her eyes widen and my mouth falls. "Why? What'd you find out? What'd I miss?" I question her as we stop walking.
"Nothing, I just actually liked his post from like 2019 so I blocked him." I burst out laughing at what she said. That is probably the worst thing that could happen. Trust me I know.
"It's okay, we'll find you a new pretty guy to have a crush on." I joke.

She covers her face. "But this pretty guy goes to my school, and he has the most attractive Spanish accent ever." She fans herself as if she was going to over heat by thinking about it.
I raise my eyebrow. "You told me I had the most attractive Spanish accent?" I point out.

She waves me off, "all of you is attractive, mi amor." She winks at me.
I roll my eyes as I make it to the check in box.
"Well for your information, I think you have the best Mexican accent." I sass as I check in

"Soy tu única amiga Mexicana?"
"Dont worry, I'll go find anyone to replace you and your amazing accent." I joke.

She gasps. "You wouldn't."
"I will."

A/n: I'm trying to make a iconic friendship