32

2023

Marc

I wave over at the group of girls who called out my name as I walks back out of the tunnel after freshening up. Those girls have stopped me or called me over a total of 10 times while I've been here. I turn and go into the opposite direction from them and to my girlfriend and mom who stood among the other families on the pitch. I jog up to my girlfriend who had her back to me, before scaring her. She flinches as my hands make contact her waist. She turns her head before playfully smacking my shoulder.
"What the hell." She says before I pull her into a hug.
"Congratulations." She looks up at me. I kiss her forehead as a thank you before pulling away and going to my mom who hugged me and congratulated me.

"Tú papá, told me to tell you to call him when you can." She tells me, reaching up to my face and wiping something off. I nod. "Lo haré." I tell her, as I reach my hand behind me, gripping onto my shirt Anita was wearing and pulling her next to me so I could wrap my arm around her.
Her hand goes to my waist as she leans into me, I could sense that something was wrong but I'm assuming she's worried about her brother. I grip her braid and bend the end up to tickle her nose, she turns her face away and small laugh escaping her lips.
I smile and let go of her hair. "Let me take a picture of the two of you." My mom says backing away slightly while pulling out her phone.
I smile at the camera, holding the girl to my side.
My mom puts her phone down and smiles at us before she quickly gets pulled into a conversation with the other parents around her.
I took it as my chance to lead Mariana a bit sways from the group.
I can hear the calls from the girls in the stands start again when I get closer in their direction but I ignored them and look down at the Spanish girl.
"You weren't at your spot when the game started." I tell her.
"I really needed to use the restroom." She starts to play with the ends of her hair.
I take her hand in mine and eye her suspiciously. "and who was the guy who you were talking too?" I question.
Her eyes widen for a split second. "He stopped to tell me that i shouldn't be here, that I should be at home and that I'm shitty for that." She scoffs. I raise an eyebrow at her. I my mood instantly switch at what she had just told me. I remembered that he was wearing a Spanish jersey with the numbers 10 on the back and from what I could see he hand brown hair and didn't seem to be much taller then Anita.
"don't listen to him...es un gilipollas." I say, slight irritation in my voice.
She nods and twists her her head behind her and looks back at I'm guessing the girls still call for me.
"She stopped me and asked me to tell you if you could stop by over there." She turns back to look at me.
I shake my head at her and curve my lips while slightly shrugging.
"I've already met them... they've stopped me a 5 times after training and a 5 more times in the lobby with the boys." I tell her. I really don't want to go over there, was it a bit rude? Maybe. But I'm just a boy.

I take my hand in hers and start to walk back over to my teammates and families.
Hector walks over and I'm greeted with a small on the head.
"What's up, bro." He laughs he reaches his hand out to dap me up. I roll my eyes and do the hand shake with him.
He turn to my girlfriend and hold his hand out as well.
"How do you do, enana? " She presses her lips in a thin line but dap him up.
That was a new one for her. I don't think Mariana has ever been call short by anyone. "I'm 5'6, that's above average." I let out a small laugh.
"Not my fault the both of you are ridiculously tall."
Hector holds up an 'L' to his forehead. "That's a skill issue for you, enana."

I roll my eyes and my best friend before placing my hand on his shoulder. "We need to go." I tell him.
He nods and slaps my chest as he walks passed me and head to the tunnel.
"See you later, enana." He calls out.