12

2023

"Are you okay?" Mariana says, knocking on the bathroom door.
"CÁLLATE MARIANA." Pablo screams.
The girls hand flies to her face as she covers up her laugh. The team and the families have been in the states for only 3 days now and a sudden virus struck many of the player.
"I'll go get mama." The girl says half laughing as she opens the hotel room door.
"MARIANA DONT—" she cuts him off by closing the door before she goes across the room to her parent's room.
She knocks on the door and her mom opens it to see her youngest daughter laughing.
"What's funny?" She asks her, in amusement.
Mariana walks past her. "Your son is fight demons in the bathroom." She laughs, falling onto the bed.
Her dad bursts out laughing at her comment and her mom says something about being back in a second.
I pull out my phone and check the time. It should be around 8 pm in Spain.
I get up off the bed. "I'm gling to the lobby." I tell my dad. "Okey." He says as I walk out.

I go over to my phone app and click on Marc's name.

Calling...
Marcito 🤍

Hey baby!

Holaaa
que heces?

Mmm, nada.
Laying around waiting for
it to be 12.

Oooo, what's going on at 12?

going to a party with
Hector y Ale Granados

that sounds fun

Yeah
How's Cali?

Fun, me and my family leave for
Universal soon.
I'll get you something.

Vale, amor.
taking advantage of
the canceled game?
Jaja

Claro que si

Bueno
and how are you?

Im good-

Ahh, perdón

amor?

who are you talking too?

Marc

Marc?!

Hola Tio

Hola Lamine

cómo estás hermano?
You going to that party
with Hector?

I'm good
and
Of course

Cool, wish I could go
heard it's supposed to
be a big one.
bunch of girls.

Suck for you bro
I don't go for the girls.
Give Anita the phone.

Vale, talk soon

bye

Hola?

Anita!

he snatched the phone

He's strange

He can be a nice guy.

so a bunch of girls?

yeah..well there always is.
you know that

yeah I know

...do you not want me to go?

what? No, no. You can go.
It doesn't bother me—lamine just.
No I don't care.

Are you sure?

Si

..okay.
Te amo
para siempre

Te amo también .

Well I have to go

Okay, amor
have fun at
universal.

Have fun at the party.
Be safe.

I'll text you when I get home

Vale.
Bye amor.

Bye

I hang up the call and tuck my phone into my pocket.
I look around the lobby and spot Lamine sitting on a chair with Balde.
I walk over to him and tap on his shoulder. "Can I talk to you?" I asks him. The younger boy looks up at me confused, since we rarely ever talk if Marc isn't involved. He nods his head and stands up.
We move over to a different pair of seats just slightly away from Alejandro. "What's up?" He says, sitting down in the seat next to me.
I open my mouth to speak but quickly shut it and shake my head. "'No..never mind it's dumb. Sorry." I say to him as I stand up.
Lamine stares at me confused before his face lights up and he snaps his finger at me. "You're here to question me about the girls at the party Marc is going to." He cheers.
I internally groan. "I'm right!" He cheers again.
I cross my arms over my chest and look at him.
"I know it's a pool party so some girl most literally will be almost naked." My heart skips a beat at his words.
"Marc wouldn't cheat—well I know he won't but some girl will literally try to flirt with him while half naked." I cut him off.
Lamine smiles. "You're jealous." He teases. "No." I say.
"It's okay to be jealous..Marc is a hot guy going to a pool party around a bunch of hot girl—-no...I can't say that...it's not helping." He stutters towards the end. I rolls my eyes and turn around and start walking away.
"Just tell him you don't feel comfortable with him going!?" Lamine says to me.
I turn back around. "It's fine..I'm just overthinking it." I tell the younger guy, walking slightly closer.
"If it makes you feel any better I think you'll be hotter than any of those girls there." He smiles.
My jaw drops and I shake my head at the boys comment.
"That didn't make me feel better. That's weird, Lamine." I tell him.
He raises his arms in defense. "I meant it platonically."
I shake my head. "Whatever, my family is waiting for me. I'll see you around." I say to him.
"Adios, amiga."

.
.
.

"Out from hell?" I say, walking into my brother hotel room to see him laying on the bed.
"I hate you." He mumbles into the sheets.
I laugh and walk over to where he laid. "Do you feel okay?" I ask placing my hand on his forehead. He hums and pulls the blanket tighter around himself.
"Do you want me to stay? I kind of don't want to go." I tell him, sitting down at his feet.
He shakes his head. "No, go have fun. Plus I know you do want to go." He tells me. "and I don't feel that sick, I'm just tired now."
I sigh and lay down, my back to him. "I'll bring you a donut." I says.
"Get out of my room." I hold back my laugh and I feel my brother shift on the bed to turn away from me.
I get up and crawl over to his side and hug him.
"Te quiero." I chuckle.
"Okay."

I get up from his bed and make my way to the door.
"Te quiero también, tonta." He calls out before I leave the room.
I make my way over to my parents room where my mom, dad, sister and Javi all sat.
"We were waiting." Her dad tells her getting up.
"Lets go." Aurora says happily.

A/n: this chapter is something 😍