34

2023

Marc

I was upset because I couldn't stop the hate. I was  upset because I can't stop the rumors. I was upset because she was upset. I was upset because we are predicted to lose against Germany. I was just upset.
I had left Mariana's room not long after I had gotten there. She got annoyed with me for being annoyed which only made me more annoyed. I was currently at training, sitting down on a mat as I stretched.
"What's up." Prim asks sitting down next to me on the other mat.
I shrug as him. I'm not sure if I should tell him what I actually feel.
"Come on, Marc. What's bothering you!" He slaps my arm slightly.
"Fuck off." I tell my friend as I keep stretching.

I hear him sigh before he moves over to my math and stares me dead in the eyes. "Is it about Mariana?" He questions me.
"You don't even get along with her so I'm not talking to you about this Pau." I tell him. He sighs at me before he looks away.
"you can't take your frustration out on other people" he tells me.
I mentally roll my eyes. "Leave me alone, Pau. Everything will be fine, everything will pass." I mutter as I stand up from my spot, to jog a few laps but he follows.
"I'm just warning you, man." He tells me before running ahead.

.
.
.

I sat on my bed, scrolling through my phone when I heard someone knock on the door.
I hear hector get up from his bed and make his wake over.
"Is Marc here?" I look up at the sound of the familiar soft voice.
I haven't talked or texted her since I left her room earlier today.
"sorry, I can't be seen talking to you or I might get yelled at again...please, come in." I roll my eyes at the curly headed boy's dramatic response as I get up from my bed.
I watch as Mariana takes a step into the room as Hector takes a step out, closing it from behind him. Leaving me and the girl alone.
"I haven't heard from you all day." She says taking her shoes off then walking closer to me.
I sigh and sit back down on the edge of the bed, watching her as she comes closer to me.
"I'm not in a good mood." I whisper to her, looking down at the floor as I do.
I feel her hands comb through my hair, pushing it away from my face, before letting her hand go down to my jaw, where she tilts my head up to look at her.
We stare at each other for a few moments. I felt a small tug at my chest when I notice the very obvious sad eyes that were trained on her face.
"Amor.." I whisper softy, reaching my arms out to wrapped them around her waist and pulling her closer to me.
"What's going on, Marc?" She asks, moving her hands back to my hair as I look up at her from my spot.
I take a small breath before looking away from her and resting my head against her stomach as she plays with my hair.
"I'm mad cause I can't stop people hating, everything has just been so frustrating lately, and on top of that. We're predicted to lose the game." I whisper. "And I'm sorry about everything, I hate seeing you upset."

Mariana doesn't say anything, instead she hugs me.
I look up at her to see her already looking down at me.
"I'll be fine." She tells me, before she pulls away and takes a seat next to me.
"you can't control what is happening or what will happen, amor. and that's okay."
"and that game, you've already made it so far, and we're all so proud of you guys." She says, taking my hand in hers.
"We're so close though." I whisper.
"I know, you just try your hardest, and no matter what happens everyone will be proud of you." She says softy.
I smile weakly at the girl next to me. "Eres hermosa." I whisper to her. A small blush raises on the girls cheeks.
"I'm sorry." I say again. She smiles at me and pulls me into a hug, wrapping her arms around my neck. My arms go around her waist as I hold her tight to me.
She places multiple kisses to my cheek as she hold me.
"None of this is your fault." She says into my ear.

"Te amo." I whisper, holding her tight.
"Te amo." She says back.

.
.
.

I wake up the next morning to Anita in my arms. I lift my head up and look around to the clock on the nightstand to see that it was 5 in the morning.
Explains why it's still dark.

From the dim light, I can see Hector passed out with his mouth wide open on his bed. I turn back around and hold Mariana closer to my chest.
I places a few soft kisses to her head as I feel her start to shift in my arms, getting comfortable again.
I hear her mumble something as she rests her head on my chest. I don't respond to her and just hold her close to me, nuzzling my face in her hair, before falling right back asleep.

"Buenos días!" I groan as I'm attack by a bright light.
I squint my eyes open to see Mariana still asleep. I look up to see Hector next to the window with the curtains cord in his hands.
I cover Mariana's face from the sun slight as I pull her closer and glare at Hector.
"It's 7." He smiles, letting the cord go.

"She's sleeping." I glare at him. He shrugs and walks away to the bathroom. I mentally groan and i cover her face with the blanket. Before laying my head back down and deciding to fall back asleep for a few moments longer.

A/n: yeah 🧍🏻‍♀️