31

2023

"Boyfriend over family? Ya no." I close out my instagram app as I read the last few recent comments to Hector as he waited for Marc to come out and warm up. I was up on the stands as I talked to the boy.
He cringes while looking up at me. "I didn't think they'd be that bad that's why I asked."
I didn't say anything as I see Marc walk out from the tunnel. He waves up at me with a smile on his face.
My heart warms at his appearance. "Que hacen?" He asks walking closer to us.
"I asked her to read me the hate—just talking." I give the black haired boy a look as I cut him off. Marc looks at us confused but his smile still on his face.
"Okey...estas bien." My boyfriend questions. I nod at him. Avoiding the burning glance he was giving me. How can someone glare at you but stay smiling but still look good? A skill I will never master.
I turn around and show him his jersey to change the conversation. I twist my head and smile back at him as I point at the name.
Hector laughs before walking away further into the pitch.
"You can't read those comments." Marc tells me, running a hand through his hair.
I frown and turn around. That has been a very common sentence that had been said through the last few days.
"You look really good in that jersey." I flirt with him, placing my elbow on the railing and resting my chin on my propped up hand.
His face turns red and he looks down to the floor.
"I think it'll look better on the floor.." I continue.
The boys head shoots up, his face bright red and a tight line on his face as he fought back the urge to smile.
"Don't say that here." He mumbles. "Why? I thought you like—I'll catch you later, amor." I wink at him as the flustered boy cuts me off.
I chuckle as I straighten myself out.
"Have a nice game." I tell him before walking back to my spot.

I walk up the steps when I get stop by a man, maybe my age or a bit older. "Perdón...you're Pablo's sister?" The Spanish man asks. I nod slowly.
"What are you doing here?" He laughs. I stare at him confused. "Que?" I asks quietly. He laughs again.
"Why are you here and not back home? Shouldn't you be with your injured brother? Kind of shitty of you." I stare at him in shock. No way this is happening. Ain't no way.
"I'm here supporting my boyfriend, who my brother also wanted me to stay and support.." I slightly stutter. I was extremely caught off guard and who in the right mind does something like this?
"Can't choose family over relationships, kid." The man mutters before walking away.
My eyes follow him until he's out of sight, I look back into the pitch to see Marc standing with his hands in his hips, face scrunched as he stares right at me.
He holds up a thumbs up and I do too. He slowly turns back and keeps warming up.
I make my way over to his mom, smiling softy at her as she talk on the phone with I'm assuming Monica or Mr. Guiu.

Who the hell is praying on my downfall lately? Or am I just sensitive? Maybe both. I had a pit feeling of regret in my stomach that I didn't go home. But Pablo wants me here so i shouldn't feel bad.
His ACL is tore and I could be there helping take care of him...but he wants me here.
What if I'm actually a shitty person and nobody I'm close to wants to give me a reality check?
Nah..Pablo would've made sure I knew....i think.
What if what Prim said the other day was true? Do they really just hang out with me because I'm dating Marc? I had too many question going off in my head as I waited for the game to start.
Overthinking at its finest.
I start to fidget with the end of my Dutch braids as I sit there.

I take a deep breath through my nose. Wow, my thoughts are loud. I swallow feeling as if there was a lump in my throat.
I look at the clock and see there was only 30 minutes till the game started.
"I'll be right back." I tell Mrs. Paz quietly. She nods at me and I walk off up the stadium stairs.
I felt then sudden wave of anxiety hit me as I walk through the stadium halls, trying to find the nearest concession stand to buy myself a drink.
I wasn't one to have anxiety attacks very often. In fact if this is one, it'd be the first one in 4 years.
"Hello..can I get a bottle of water." The lady smiles at me sweetly as she grabs a bottle of water and hands it to me.
I quickly pay before wishing her a nice day and walking off.
I sit down on a bench, taking a few sips of my water.
I feel my hands start to shake and it felt as if my breathing was getting limited. My heart was pounding and my chest was aching.
I take another deep breath through my nose and let it out my mouth as I tried to calm myself down.
"Excuse me." I look up to see a girl, she wore a Spain jersey. Please don't ask if I'm okay. It might make me crack.
"You're dating, Marc Guiu, right?" I stare at her for a slip second, well I least she didn't ask if I was okay.
I hum, as I place my hands underneath my thighs to stop them from shaking.
She smiles at me, that when I noticed the phone in her hand lowered but it was obvious recording because of the way she had it held up to her side.
"Can you ask him to come and meet us at the front of section 1A?" She questions me.
I nod at her and give her the best smile I could.
"Great! Thank you! Have a lovely day." The girl says walking away. "You too." I say, cringing because it came out slightly shaky. I stayed say there for a few more minutes, taking small sips of my water and trying to think about thinks I like.
I don't remember being gone for very long, on the contrary it felt like no more then 10 minutes but I watched as Mrs. Paz walks over to me with a worried look.
I stand up from my spot, I still had a ache in my chest but the shaking and the feeling of it being hard to breathe at diminished. "Estas bien? The game started 5 minutes ago." The lady says as she approaches me.
Fuck.
"Yeah..I'm okay, I just....lost track of time." How the hell did I not hear the national anthem? She nods slowly before we start to make out way back out seats.

A/n: 🙏🏼