28

2023

Marc

"Go, go, go." I pressure as we try and sneak out of the hotel after seeing on of our coaches.
We all hurry out of the front door.
"That wasn't so bad." Cubarsí says making us all laugh.
"Says you...I just got pushed around by 6ft tall boys." I watch as Mariana pushes her way out from the middle and makes her way to me.
"If you don't want to be here, then go back." Prim responds at the girl.
She shoots him a small glare as she passes him.
"I wasn't talking to you...Mr. barely 5'10 ." She says. The boy opens his mouth to say something back to her but I hold my hand out to him in a "shut up" manner.
I place my other hand around her shoulder and pull her to me.
"I want her here, we grew up with her too." I defend her.
I wasn't lying, she was always around when I was with them. I took her any place I could. But I'll never understand why her and Prim can't get along.
"I like her company too." Hector speaks up.
The rest of the boy all agree with him.
"I've never met her." All our heads turn over to the floppy haired boy. I remember that he's always off with his other friends so we barely hang out with him.
"That's his girlfriend, Andres. So you better not even look at her the wrong way or he'll be on your ass." Prim tells the younger boy. I roll my eyes at my friend and how dramatic he was being.
"This is Mariana." I tell him.
"Mariana, Andres. Now let's go we've been standing here too long." I say as I start to walk.
I pull Mariana along with me. I bend down to her ear. "And you... stop giving him looks." I mutter.
She crosses her arms over her chest and looks up at me.
"He's annoying." She says in a quiet voice. I ignore what she says and keep walking, my arm around her shoulder to keep her close to me.
Marc Bernal walks ahead with us and we carry a conversation with him.
Soon we make it to a random party of town, there was still a lot of people around but we make out way over to a water fountain in the center.
I watch as Mariana stumbles on something. "Are you-" I was cut off when a laugh Prim walks past us.
"Watch your step, Páez." He laughs as he sits down on the edge of the fountain.
"I hope you fall in." Mariana mutters, sitting down on the edge to fix her shoe.
"I should push you in." I turn to my friend and give him a harsh glare because of his comment before sitting in between them.

"You are a child, Prim." Cubarsí says sitting down as well.
Prim shrugs and pulls out his phone.
"You know...I used to get into wrestling matches with my brother." Mariana whispers to me. I shake my head at her. "No." I says knowing where she was going with this.
"I going to go by something to eat..Andres come with me." I watch as Hector gets up and leaves.
"Wait me too!" Cubarsí jogs after them.

"I don't want to stay here with the 3 of you." Bernal whispers, giving me an apologetic look before running off.
"You scared my friends off." Prim says leaning forward to look at my girlfriend.
I mentally groan and started debating going with my friends.
"Can you stop?" I turn to him.
He shrugs and goes back on his phone.

.
.
.

Mariana

I didn't want to be here. Marc had most literally sat their begging me to come with after he got back from training.
I sit quietly next to my boyfriend, my head was rested of his shoulders as we waited for our other friends.
I was in the mood to text my brother and annoy him but I had told him goodnight like 2 hours ago.
Soon the group of boys come back with a bunch of food they were definitely not supposed to be eating.
Hector walks over to me and hands me a can of Coke.
I smile thankfully at him.
"What are we going to do now?" Bernal asks, as he takes a bite of his burger.
"We didn't plan this far." Prim tells them. I roll my eyes, of course they didn't. "We could just, you know, walk around." I suggest. It's really all we can do. None of us are 18 and a lot of places are closed.
"We didn't asks you." Prim says. I press my lips together before responding. "He was asking the group..I'm here in the group. Am I not? Or are you blind." I respond.
Marc places a hand on my thigh as whispers for me to clam down.
"No, you aren't part of the group..we just put up with you cause our best friend is dating you and we don't want to hurt his feelings." Prim snaps.
I felt a small tug at my chest from his words. I hate this guy. Hate. Hate. Hate. He's been nothing but an absolute asshole since the day we met and we were only 9.
"You need to stop, dude. That's not true." Marc tells him.

"What have I ever even done to you? You've been an assehole to me since we met." I asks the blue eyed boy. I hear Marc sigh from next to me.
"Never mind..I don't want to hear your voice." I tell him as I start to feel bad for Marc and the other boys having to listen.
"Good, I don't want to hear your voice anymore either." I bit my lip as I try and hold back what I want to say and I simply look up at Marc who sat there staring off in front of us.
"Well....lets go walk." Cubarsí says standing up with his food.
"I thought you guys said she was shy." We all turn out head to Andres who was eating an apple.
Marc lets out a small laugh as he shakes his head. His arms cross over his chest. I hear Hector tell him something about how I was but since I know them I've losen up.

A/n: idk how to feel about this yall