Chapter two : Forget about us

I woke up lightheaded in a room, I didn't know. It took me a few minutes to remember what happened before I stood up and walked slowly out of the room. I stayed on the stair watching the scenes unfolding in front of me.

Freya had her hand into blood, inscription written on paper in front of her, and saying something repeatedly. When she stopped everything took fire and she announced to her brother that the prophecy was true, one was going to be fallen by friend, the other by foe and the other by family. Her brothers left, leaving her sitting. I went down the stairs to talk to her.

« Are you okay ? I asked putting my hand on her shoulder.

- I'm fine, she answered looking at me.

- You're not, I said seeing the blood dripping from her nose. Here take this, I added giving her a tissue from my pocket.

- Thank you, she smiled softly.

- Do you need help, I...I might have heard your prophecy. I can help you if needed.

- No you can't, Klaus said. You see as my not so loving elder brother likes to say I'm a bit paranoiac.

- And you, knowing about this, put you and us in danger. Our family means danger, you have to forget about us. Elijah completed her, Freya sighted. I'm sorry.

- Wait, what ? Wait a sec... I said stepping back.

- It's going to be fine, look into my eyes, Elijah answered appearing right in front of me. You'll forget about knowing who we are, you only met Freya had a bar and that's it. You'll remember that you are a siphoner and will look for Davina to help you in the cemetery of the French quarter, he compelled me.

- I'll forget about you, I'm a siphoner, Davina is in the french quarter, I repeated mechanically.

- If you are ever in a life or death situation because of the Mikaelson, just say audi me and one of our names. we'll come, I give you my word, he finished his compulsion. Now leave.

- What am I doing here ? I asked surrounded by all these people.

- You drank too much last night Y/n, I was telling you to go home, remember, Freya said.

- Right, right. I'm sorry to bother you all, I'll leave, I smiled through my growing headache.»

I left the place and walked until I reached the cemetery of the french quarter. I wasn't aiming to go here at first, but I don't why I had this feeling that I should find someone here. Davina, that's it, the girl I was looking for was named Davina, she could help me master my magic. I walked down the alley, a bit creeped by the ambiance before I found someone looking at a grave. I asked someone politely if they knew a Davina and they told me to look into the small patio at the back of the cemetery. I walked, not really knowing if I was going in the right direction, until I saw someone sitting on the small stairs of a patio.

« Hi ! I'm sorry to bother you, would you know a Davina ?

- It depends who's asking ? she answered on the defensive.

- I am. I'm Y/n, I heard this person could help me with my magic.

- Then, hi I'm Davina the regent of the witches of New Orleans.

- Right witches come into communities, I said earning a confused look from the young woman. Yeah before you agree to help me, I should tell you a few things. I'm not a normal witch for two reasons. The first one is that I learned yesterday that I was one so I'm like totally lost, and the second is that I'm a siphoner. The pariah of some coven because I can't create my own magic.

- It's okay. Here vampire, werewolf and witch try to live together so it's not a special witch that's going to scare us, she smiled. Can you try to show me a simple spell ? For example, burn this bush, she said taking my hand into hers.

- Okay I'll try, what do I say ?

- Incendia. »

I took a deep breath, before imagining magic like a flow. I tried to visualize it coming from Davina through me by my hand, like water flowing in a river. And soon enough, my hand lit up and I felt this energy running through my veins. I released her hand a few seconds after, being afraid to take too much of her magic, and casted the spell. The bush caught fire, until it stopped suddenly.

« For the first time you have good control, you didn't put everything on fire, she laughed. But it was a bit short.

- Thank you, and I know I just don't know how much magic I need, I didn't want to take too much of you and hurt you.

- Let's make a deal, you'll come here everyday at the same time. If I can't be here, I'll send you a magic note so check your pockets. When your control is well enough, I'll present you to the coven, okay ?

- Yes okay, absolutely thank you so much Davina. And if you ever need me to bring something or if you want to hang out, I can give you my number, it might be easier than magic notes ?

- Yeah you're right but it's less cool, she smirked.

- I mean yes but I don't know how to do it yet so we'll stick to the phone, I smiled back. Also if you need me at any time don't worry I'm not working at the moment so I'm always available.

- Okay. Come on, we're not over for today, I'll show you some simple attack and defence spells. I have a few hours in front of me so let's train. First, I will just help you pronounce it, you need to learn some spells before you get the hang of it. And then I'll let you siphon me to try them after.

- Okay let's go then, I smiled. »

The first spell, she made me learn was to keep the enemy away was easy just say « Ventus » and a little hand movement to aim at the person, one to immobilize the adversary so I have time to run, and the last one my favorite was a spell for the vampires. I didn't need to say anything so she made me meet one of her friends, and father figure, named Marcel Gerard, the leader of the vampire of New Orleans. I thanked him for agreeing to let me train on him. Turns out I actually had already seen him the other night at the bar. He seems like a really kind man, and I really appreciated his help.