Chapter 14: How could you ?

I gasped awake, coughing, before sitting up and swearing doing so. My head hurt, and the light seemed too strong. Finally, my eyes adjusted to the light, and I saw I was on the couch, but nobody was here. I limped to the Mikaelsons blood stash and drank a few blood bags. Feeling better, I called Hayley, but she wasn't answering. I sighed and sent a message to Marcel asking if Davina was alright and explaining to him everything that happened.

I was going to leave, but I had a feeling something was wrong. I quickly did a locator spell to find Klaus, knowing he was with Hayley, since now we shared a bond thanks to his blood. They weren't far enough. They were into the Bayou. I used my newly acquired vampire speed, falling a few times and hitting a few trees not used to it and joined them. But what I saw stopped me in my tracks.

Lucien had his hand into Hayley's chest, his hand around her heart, just like Jackson was killed. And Klaus was all bloodied and kneeling on the ground. I was going to help when Elijah appeared from behind, throwing Lucien back and helping Hayley stand up. Freya also made an entrance chanting. She was reversing the spell. Lucien shouted in pain as he lost his upgraded powers.

« His power's gone. He's nothing but an ordinary vampire now, Freya told her brothers.

- You see that family drama you so joyfully derived does have its merits, Klaus laughed.

- You can kill me but the prophecy still stands, you cannot outrun it, Lucien yelled.

- I've heard about 1000 years too much from you. For a century you lived with my name and you never quite recovered from losing it, did you ? You became a man of wealth and stature but you could never crawl from my shadow. And in the end, despite the gift of immortality, you have always known what you truly are.

- You are nothing, I completed speeding to Lucien forcing him to his knees earning a surprised look from everyone. You are a coward. You took good people from this world with your petty vendetta. But now it's over, you will be forgotten just like your little friends. You will die just like your innocent victims, I said using a broken glass to cut his mouth. I will be merciful because I know they wouldn't want this. You won't suffer too much, I added putting my hand around his heart.
Do you feel it ? How your heart is slowing down because I'm not letting him beat ? I snarled. Well. Now you don't, I smirked, ripping out his heart before dropping it to the ground, my hand now covered in blood.

- Y/n ? What happened to you ? Hayley asked, rushing to me. You died... she whispered realization crossing her features.

- Freya and Elijah happened. I'll let them explain how they almost killed Davina again. I'll take my stuff in a few hours, I need to see Marcel and Kol first, I said glaring at the siblings before vamping away. »

I vamped speed to Marcel's apartment finding him, Kol and Davina all together. Seeing my bloody self, Davina ran to me, hugging me before crying in my arms. I could see in her movement that she was still weak, so I used my strength to help her stand.

« I thought, I lost you ! You didn't even know if it would work !

- I know D. I just really hoped that your not so dead boyfriend brother's blood would wake me up and it did.

- But you're not from here how ?...

- I am actually, my dad is from here, I smiled sadly. Had a little chat in the Ancestors land. But don't worry, everything is fine. I just need to take back my stuff from the Mikaelsons house. Could I stay here, Marcel ?

- Of course you can Y/n, I own you big one, he smiled softly. You can also use my stash. I'll help you control your new capacity if you want.

- I would love to. Also, don't be mad at Klaus and Hayley. They didn't know what Freya and Elijah were planning. They were occupied being attacked by Lucien, who is now dead, I smiled. It's over.

- Don't ever do that again, Y/n, Kol smiled softly. Davina really appreciated you. I wouldn't want her to lose her best friend.

- She won't. And you can say you appreciated me too dumbass, I laughed. »

We talked for a while, and I told them everything that had happened, while Marcel told me that Davina had some in and out moment of consciousness due to her death. After our talk, Marcel and I went to visit the Mikaelsons. When we entered, the two brothers and Freya were here.

« I did everything you asked ! I joined your stupid cult, I left my friends in the dust because that's what you needed ! Marcel started yelling angrily.

- Marcel... Klaus tried to say.

- I fought for Hope ! I kept Hayley breathing ! I kept white oak from piercing your cold black heart, he cut him.

- I bled for Freya ! I helped Hayley grieve ! I kept Camille from dying at the end of Lucien and Aurora ! I added also yelling.

- We know, Elijah said softly.

- No you don't !

- You don't.

- Marcel, they had no choice ! Klaus said, trying to defend his brother and sister.

- Oh they were right about you. Aurora, Tristan, Lucien, I scoffed.

- Anybody who's not your family, is nothing to you. Nothing, Marcel snapped.

- Marcellus, you are family, Elijah said, stepping forward.

- No I'm not. Not anymore. Never again. I am not your family ! You tried to kill my daughter ! Y/n's best friend. I thought you loved her Freya, he said disappointed.

- Marcel, Klaus sighted.

- Y/n, Freya added.

- No ! No ! Marcel yelled, leaving knocking out a chair in his way. »

I didn't follow him, and vamped to Freya's room putting my stuff info à bag, leaving only a sweater because I felt bad to take back everything even though it was justified. I left not looking at a single Mikaelson, but Freya stopped me in my tracks, putting her hand on my wrist. I softly took it off, clenching my jaw. Her face suddenly dropped, probably because of the disappointed look I was giving her, but she deserves it.

« Y/n please....

- How could you ? I said.

- I had no other choice, I needed to...

- Protect your family, I finished for her. By taking an innocent life ? I scoffed.

- Y/n you should know by now, I am ruthless, and callous and vicious when it comes to defending my family. It's who I am.

- I know that, I get it. But Davina was on our side, she loves your brother, I sighed. You know, you are the reason I stayed in New Orleans. But in the end, you will always push me away. I hope you find someone to hold you, understand you, and love you, Freya. Because at the end of the day, everyone deserved that. I really wished it was me. But you'll never trust me, I am not your family. There is no reason to see each other anymore, I finished leaving, tears in my eyes, not letting her answer. »

Freya's pov:

She left. Y/n left, not looking back. I had almost killed her best friend, and she had died because of me. What have I done? I was so blinded by saving my family because I had wished to reunite with them for so long. But I lost the person I love. When she left, I wanted to tell her I loved her. However, I knew it wouldn't have made her stay.

Trying to clear my head, I went to Hope's room where Klaus already was and what he said broke me more « Today, I fear we may have created a new monster entirely. » He was talking about Marcel, but if Y/n was by his side seeing what I did, they would become a really powerful enemy.

Yn's pov:

I finally joined Marcel at his loft, Vincent was also here. He was offering him the bottle of serum we had extracted for Aurora, he was giving him a chance at revenge. A chance to kill the Mikaelsons, drive them away, a chance to take his home back. The question was, would he take it ?