Chapter 3 : The Fête de Cadeau festivities

A month had passed, I had seen Freya a few times drinking her sorrow into alcohol. She always tried to put some distance between us, but the alcohol always made her act on her thoughts and kiss me in the middle of the bar. One time she was so wasted that she started to straddle my lap and I had to bring her to her friend's house. I was becoming really fond of her, maybe even falling for her beautiful green eyes and her smile that could lit up on fire my heart. Damn, I was falling hard, but I don't know if she was. Maybe I should just move on because she was definitely out of my league.

Flashback:

I was drinking at the bar after a hard training session with Davina, and also hoping to see Freya. To my pleasure she entered the room and took a drink too. I stood up making my way to her.

« Hey Freya ! How are you doing ? I asked smiling.

- Good thanks, she answered dryly.

- You're sure ? I said.

- Yes, she answered again without looking at me.

- Okay, have a nice night, stranger, I sighed. »

I didn't say anything else and just took my drink to a corner of the bar where you could have some sort of privacy to drown my disappointment into my drink. I spent at least an hour, more on my phone than drinking of course, and when I was about to leave Freya sat next to me.

« I'm sorry Y/n... she mumbled.

- How much did you drink ? I simply answered.

- Just a shot or two. I will remember everything that I say if that's what you're worried about.

- I'm more concerned about what you do... Like last time when you straddle me... I trailed off.

- Like that ? She asked kissing me softly, stradlying me.

- Like that, I smiled. You can't avoid me and then kiss me Love, I told her.

- I know, I...I... it's complicated...she started to rumble.

- It's okay you don't have to tell me, I cut her kissing her just enjoying our small moment. »

Today was The fêtes de Cadeau festivities so Davina told me to come see her at a different time. I didn't know what it was but she told me this was an important celebration for witches. I arrived at the Lafayette cemetery and went to one of the small caves where Davina was preparing herself. In there, two other people were already present.

« Hey Davina ! Need any help ?

- No, I was just asking Hayley and Jackson to be our body guard today due to recent events.

- Are there witches ?

- No, werewolf and hybrid, Davina answered, showing the man then the woman.

- I'm Y/n nice to meet you, I said extending my hand.

- Nice to meet you too, they both said shaking my hand.

- But to go back to what we were saying I'll patrol the cemetery and you stay with Davina, Jackson said looking at the girls.

- I don't do well with crowds, so I'll help you check it, I added. Also D. if you go out there with this colour of scar consider I don't know you, I laughed.

- I told you, Hayley smiled. »

I went outside leaving the two of them alone and doing a quick inspection of the crowd. For now everything was fine, but at a moment I saw Davina go back inside followed by the woman named Hayley so I decided to see what was going on.