Chapter 4 : Lucien

I was walking down the street to go home, change myself and eat something, when I saw a policeman with a blonde girl handcuffed going down the street. They seemed to have a rough conversation until the man spinned her and started yelling at her. I started to walk to them to see what was the problem when the light above them exploded making them dive on the side to dodge the broken glasses and spark. I started running toward them, when a vampire suddenly appeared, shoving the man into a wall knocking him out instantly. The blonde girl gasped in fear and tried to run away but the vampire was already in front of her. Before he could lay a hand on her, I punched him in the face, siphoning him a bit in the process. He punched me, making me fall to the ground. During the time it took me to catch my breath, he had already put her in a sleep holder, making her fall to the ground. I used bu magic to make it stop but I hadn't siphon much so he quickly reached out to me and did the same. I struggled to stay awake into his chokehold until I felt unconscious hoping someone would save us. In a last moment of consciousness, I siphonned a bit of his magic.

I woke up next to the girl on a couch. I stretched my neck, remembering how the hell I was brought here. The blonde woman stood fastly on her feet trying to leave until she saw the white fill boxes sealed with red tape. She uponned the lid of one of them seeing an object. And by the energy, I was feeling they were likely dark magic, the one Davina told me to be careful around.

« I took the liberty of removing your handcuffs, he smiled at her. Unless you're the type that likes to be restrained... He trailed off.

- I do, I smirked. But could I know who the hell you all are ?

- I'm Lucien, Klaus first sired and next to you is Camille, Klaus therapist or something like that. What matters is the object her family have Y/n.

- First, what is a sired ? And second, you know who I am ?

- Klaus turned me into a vampire with his blood, which made me his sired. And for your second question, I do, a siphoner makes noise, and Klaus told me about his sister's adventure.

- If only I knew who Klaus was... I mumbled.

- Anyway, both of you take this, he said holding to us a glass of champagne and orange juice. Consider it an apology for the rough start of our day.

- I only drink with friends, and, unless this isn't clear, I don't like you, Camille glared at him.

- Neither do I. Vampires don't have manners ? Like you could have asked peacefully or just let me knock out on the side of the road, I shrugged.

- I couldn't do that, you are a good leverage against the Mikaelsons and so are you Camille. But anyway remember this all could have gone more easily, he said. Detective Kinney, come in and start cutting the vegetables.

- You compelled him ?

- What does it mean ? I asked.

- What the hell is going on ? The detective said frustrated at the same time.

- Focus on the cutting, we don't want you to lose any fingers.

- What the hell do you want ! Camille yelled at him.

- Detective, do me a favour and throw your blade at the siphoner, he said. »

The detective, like forced by something, threw the knife toward my face. However Lucien caught it right before it hit me, smirking at me.

« That's what compelling his dear. Now that I also have your attention Camille, what I want is easy. A dark object, a small medallion with runic markings. Since you both are on vervain I can't compel you but if you refuse your little detective might not like it, he told us giving the knife back to Kinney. Now search ! He yelled at us. »

We were currently checking the box, while mister psychopath was eating the meal made by the detective, who was clearly not getting the fact that vampires existed and he had to do whatever he said. Camille asked Lucien to stop, affirming that what the vampire wanted wasn't there since she had cataloged everything but Lucien yelled at her frustrated that it had to be into another object. Camille asked him if he was just doing this to get revenge on Klaus for stealing his girl and the vampire told her that he had stolen more. Like one hundred years of his life, which I agreed was a lot. The problem is that this talk gave Lucien an idea to motivate us more. He made the detective cut his artery along the outside of his ankle with a knife which made him bleed heavily. Camille and I, horrified, started searching into the remaining boxes.

At a moment Lucien left into another room to take a phone call and we took this as an opportunity to help the detective. But it wasn't that simple, when he tried to stop the bleeding but the detective, due to compulsion, took the knife and hold it close to Camille's face. We slowly stepped back not waiting to die but sad we couldn't do anything to help the man. But the worst was going to happen. Kinney was so pale he could already be dead if we couldn't see his chest move from time to time. Finally, Camille told Lucien she had the medallion but would give him only if he healed the detective. He did it but turned out Camille had lied and even though she tried to defend herself Lucien had the upper hand easily making her, after almost killing Kinney again, give her the dark object. Now this psychopath could do whatever he wanted with it. And as if he wasn't enough he compelled the man to think he meant nothing, welcome depression, and told Camille and I, he would compelled us to forget when the vervain would leave our system.

« Against vampires, humans always lose, he smirked at us.

- I'm not like every other human, I said.

- That's right our dear siphoner, who can't even remember who Klaus is.

- What do you mean ?

- I saw you go back to Freya's house, why did you only leave two days after ? Why didn't you know that Klaus is her brother when you saw him ? Because they compelled you to forget about them. She broke your trust just like Klaus broke mine, so why don't we make them suffer for that, he told me with a sadistic smile on his lips.

- I would but contrary to you, my ego isn't that low to get revenge on people I barely know. So respectfully fuck off, I smirked making him growled in anger. »

After a while Lucien left us in the care of a vampire Anton while he went to have dinner with the Mikaelsons, which I learned was Freya's family. You see she kissed a lot but didn't talk much. But at some point, Camille decided she was over it. She took a beer bottle and slammed it against the back of the guy's head. I took advantage of this distraction to summoned the knife to me and cut the daylight ring from the vampire hand. He tried to retaliate but the sunlight going through the window protected us. We go out of place and find an elevator to get out. But as we're about to head inside a woman got out of it.

« You must be Cami, she said smiling fakely, stepping backward to let us enter the elevator.

- I'm Y/n, I said trying to ease the obvious tension.

- I'm Aurora de Martel, nice to meet you, she winked at me making me blush. »

But as you presume, she didn't only winked, she also knocked me down on the metal door and before being unconscious I saw her feed on a screaming Camille.