Chapter 23 : Josh

So Freya had a plan to find Dominic. For it, she needed a vampire. But not one she cared about, so me and her family were out of the question. Instead, we went to see Josh, Davina's friend. We found him at the Rousseau.

« I need a vampire to do a spell. You just volunteered, Freya said.

-Right... Let's see you, you almost threw Davina aka my best friend into a supernatural hell world which led to my best friend best friend aka Y/n to die, but sure. Let me bend over backwards and do you a favor, he said sarcastically. And by the way, why can't you do it with Y/n ?

- Look... We're up against a powerful spirit, with evil followers who hand to sacrifice my brother as well as your dear friend Marcel.. So are you helping or whining ?

- And also, she loves me too much for me to be bait, I added smiling.

- If I say no, then your brothers are gonna do something totally uncool with my entrails ? He asked nervously.

- My brothers don't know I'm here, Freya answered.

- Come on Josh, we need your help to set a trap and deal with Dominic on our terms. Which means with people thinking with actual brains. So please Marcel is also my friend, help me keep him breathing. Will you, Joshua ? I asked extending my hand to him.

- Fine but only because Davina and Marcel like you Y/n, and you own me one, he said, pushing my hand aside and hugging me.

- Don't worry, I will pay my debts when you need me. »

We got back to Josh's loft. Freya and I did the spell on Josh, and prepared the trap for Dominic. Suddenly my phone rang, I picked up, and a voice I recognize easily talk.

« Don't tell Freya, I'm on the other side, The Hollow said.

- What do you want ? I answered, masking my nervousness to Freya.

- You. Come meet me in ten minutes at the back of Saint Theodora's clinic. If you don't. Your little niece will get sick again, it laughed.

- I'll be right here, I said, hanging up. I'm sorry Freya, I have to go, something important came up, I mumbled putting my jacket on. Can you handle this one without me ?

- Of course I can. Is something wrong ? She asked worried.

- Only if I don't go, I smiled and kissed her before vamping away. »

I know it was a great chance to be a trap but I didn't have a choice. I arrived and looked around me. A car pulled over with a blonde in it who watched me like she was going to kill me.

It was the case, her, and eight other people attacked me.

« A bit aggressive for a meeting, I scoffed as she tried to punch me. »

I dodge her fist, before breaking her neck.

« Who is next ? I smirked before they all attacked me together. »

I snapped another neck with my magic before biting the third guy into his neck slashing his throat with my fangs. Blood splashed out of his wound blinding me for a sec. But it was enough for someone to punch me in the face, breaking my nose and busting my lips. At least, I had super healing. As I was fighting two guys at the same time another one came stabbing me in the back with a wooden stake. Thankfully he missed my heart, but I was fed up with this fight and angry. Really angry.

« Enough ! I yelled, sending a wave of magic around me killing them all. »

I looked at the floor, now all red and then at my hands. I took a deep breath calming me down. I already had killed people, but it didn't mean it was getting easier even though they tried to murder me. I wiped my hand on my black shirt, at least I hadn't put a white one today. I vamped speed to the Rousseau hoping to find Freya and Josh here, hoping they had successfully trapped Dominic and were celebrating but only Josh was there. He tried to make me stay seeing the blood all over my mouth and face but I told him I had to find Freya. He said she was probably still at his apartment. I cursed before running to his apartment.

Freya was on the ground. I listened for a heartbeat but there was nothing. She was dead. I calmed myself before starting to do CPR on her, putting blood all over her shirt.

« Come on Freya, don't you dare die on me ! I yelled before giving a rougher and harder blast on her chest making her gasp awake. Damn it, Freya ! You scared me. Hey, you're okay, I said seeing her wake up gently cupping her chin.

- Yeah... How long was I out for ? She asked, panicked in her eyes.

- Freya, your heart stopped beating, I thought you were dead, I sighed clenching my jaw not to cry.

- If my heart stopped, then the boundary spell must have fallen. I have to go, she told me, standing up as quickly as she could.

- No, you, you can't Freya, I'll go, I pleaded.

- I have to, she said ignoring me. »

I sighed heavily before following her to the mansion.

« Klaus ? I yelled out, as I saw the mess around us before seeing Hayley on the ground. Freya, it's Hayley, I said vamping to her. Her neck is broken. She'll heal.

- You should leave, she told me, pushing me aside to verify what I said.

- Let me help you Freya, I said, offended by her movement.

- You're just getting in the way ! She yelled frustrated.

- Freya... I answered hurt.

- Leave ! Please ! She yelled.

- Fine, I scoffed. It's not like Hayley and Hope were also my family, I scoffed coldly leaving. »

I left hurt and disappointed, and in the back of my mind what The Hollow told me was playing over and over again « Freya already betrayed your trust, she lied... » I went to get a drink at Rousseau to try to get it out. More like five or six, but as a vampire it didn't affect me that much. After drinking my sorrow, I left to go to Marcel's loft since I had nowhere else to go. And to my greatest pleasure, I crossed Freya into the street.

« I assume your family is all right, I said emphasizing on the "your". I don't usually expect a thank you when I save your ass but getting kicked out of the place I'm supposed to leave in now sucks. Also thanks for asking why I had so much blood on me earlier.

- There wasn't time...

- To be a decent person ? I can help you, you know. I'm a goddamn heretic not a little kid you need to watch over, I scoffed.

- I'm not a decent person, Y/n. You should know that by now. I already told you that I'm ruthless and vicious when it comes to defending my family. This is who I am.

- I already know that Freya... I started before she cut me.

- And you know. I didn't care before if I might get h... It doesn't matter, she sighed. We're done here, she said tears in her eyes.

- Excuse me ? What in the actual hell ?!

- I've got distracted today. I was worried about you and I made a mistake that could cost lives. And that can't happen again. We'll deal with The Hollow, just get as far away from this city Y/n...

- You're delusional Freya. You know when I saw you lying there today, I was terrified. All I could think about is how would I be able to live without the woman I love, without you. You are everything that I have Freya, but I guess not anymore. You just don't learn ? I told you already that there's always going to be a spell to do or an enemy to fight but I told you I would be there for you. Have your back. I thought you got that, I thought you understood that. I thought you loved me ? You're the one who asked for a second chance, I scoffed hurt. Maybe The Hollow is right, I said hearing it in my head.

I love you Freya, and I'm not leaving. Hope and Hayley are my family, and I will protect them until my dying breath, whether you like it or not, I stated before walking away.

- Y/n... she whispered but loud enough for me to hear it, making me stop in my tracks. »

I felt her hand on my shoulder making me turn around before she kissed me passionately, her hands on my waist now bringing me closer to her. Her eyes were filled with tears and regrets, her lips full of love and apologies that she wasn't capable of saying. God damn it I was too in love with her to stay mad at her.