Chapter 19: Let's start over

« Feeling better ? She asked me.

- Definitely, it's like I had so much magic inside me that it was eating me inside, and my mind was so fussy that I couldn't do the simple spell to let it all out. But I'm better now. How did you know it would work ?

- Hayley called Caroline, it was actually Klaus' idea though.

- Your brother, having a good idea ? Maybe I'm having a concussion, I joked, making Freya laugh.

- Did you mean it ? She said become serious again.

- That your brother is dumb ? I asked skeptical.

- No. That you love me, she whispered.

- Do you even have to ask ? I didn't save your family because Davina and Hayley asked me. I did it because they mean everything to you. And everything that means something to you means something to me, because even though I tried to hate you, I can't. I could never hate you. Because I'm in love with you. You, Freya Mikaelson, are the woman I love, through war and peace, I smiled softly.

- Then let's start over Y/n, because I love you. Would you like to be my girlfriend again ? She asked hopeful.

- Of course I would, I thought my speech made it pretty obvious, I chuckled making me earn a light slap from Freya. »

Before she could do anything else, I heard Klaus yelled for Hayley. I ran inside seeing Hope, shaking into her mother's arm.

« Mom, I'm so cold.

- She's never been sick, ever, Hayley said stroking her daughter's hair.

- This is a magical affliction. It feels, I don't know, it's hard to explain, Freya started.

- Almost cold, I sighed. Give me your hand Hope, I'll try something, I smiled while taking it.
Tell me if it hurts, I said siphoning it.»

I clenched my jaw feeling this bone chilling cold go through my body. I started to shiver, goosebumps all over my body. Hope's look more relaxed as she fell asleep. I continued to siphon her until I couldn't feel my hand due to the cold.

« I don't know what it is but we have to do something quick, I said clearly panicked.

- I think we already have our solution, Hayley said, taking the magic note in her pocket. It's from Vincent, he knows what's wrong with Hope. We can cure her, but we have to go back to New Orleans.

- Then let's go, I have a bad feeling about this, I said seeing Marcel calling me. Excuse me I have to take this, I say moving away from them.

Hi Marcel.

- Hi Y/n, did you receive Vincent's message ?

- We did, I say knowing he knew I was with the Mikaelsons. You're not mad that I'm with them are you ? I ask.

- I'm not Y/n. I know what Hayley and Freya mean to you. And Davina told me that she begged you to save Kol, he sighed. I'm not mad at you, okay, I get it.

- Thank you for being so understanding Marcel, I couldn't let Hope without her family, it sucks not to have your parents around. And trust me, I wanted to let Elijah die, but I couldn't let myself do it, I wouldn't be worth more than him.

- I know Y/n. But enough with the catching up, you need to come to New Orleans right now with Hope, I saw what happened to the other kid and I saw Vincent's look. It's not good. Really not.

- Don't worry, we're on our way. I'll make sure the Mikaelsons don't cause any problems. I'll see you soon. I hope you didn't do anything dumb while I was gone.

- Me ? Never, he laughed through the phone. See you soon, he added before hanging up.»

I went back to the Mikaelson family that was getting ready. They were arguing on who was coming but Hayley told Elijah and Klaus that she needed both of them.

« I'm coming too. No discussion, I promise Marcel you won't be trouble. And the peace between witches and vampires is already fragile so let's not turn this city into a powder cake, I said ending the discussion.»

Before we left, I went to talk to Freya.

« We still need to find a cure for Marcel's bite. I'm not going to be able to siphon them all the time. Two almost put me into a vegetative state and I would very much like not to be in that state again.

- So what do we do ? It's not like we'll find the seventh pack.

- Maybe we don't need to. When you were all poisoned, I tried to find a way to weaken my vampire state because I had trouble controlling it. The thing is, what we are is in our genes. We're still a biological organism, which means that in theory we can find a way to weaken it.

- How do you know all that ? she asked curious.

- I did medicine studies, I smiled. So are you in ?

- My magic, your medicine ?

- Exactly, I think we can find a cure or reverse Marcel's power.

- I'm in then. I'll start the search while you're gone to help our niece, she said, making me smile at the our.

- See you after, I smile kissing her softly before I left. »

We left the four of us to the Abattoir where we were supposed to meet Vincent for the purification spell. The two brothers were saying that New Orleans wasn't what it was when Vincent made his entry.

« I'm right here. Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kid, you have to leave the city.

-Well, we're not gonna stay, are we ? Your city has lost its charm, Klaus said.

- Shut it, I said, sending him a death stare.

- What he means to say is that we're very grateful. Just help her and we'll leave, Hayley said.

- Don't worry, I promise Marcel to keep an eye on them, I told Vincent.

- Okay, I trust you Y/n. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a, he chanted.

- Mom ? Hope mumbled waking up.

- That's it. Your little girl is pureed.

- Thank you, Klaus said sincerely.

- Never thought I would hear that, I teased the man but suddenly a crows began to die around us.

- What is this ? Klaus said.

- I don't know, Vincent answered with fear piercing into his eyes.

- Mom ? Can you hear that ? It's whispers. Saying a name. Over and over.

- Kre Nah Han, Kre Nah Han, Hope and I said together as I also heard the voice.

- Vincent, what is that ? Hayley said clearly worried.

- It's a nearly forgotten dialect. It's Creole. It means The Hollow. The Hollow is coming.»