Chapter 7 : Freya you're going to die

Elijah and I were bringing a glass of water to Freya, when he vamped speed into her room. I followed running. Freya had her eyes closed, blood covering her face, while Elijah tried to make her stop the spell.

« No ! Don't touch me ! Do not stop me !

- Listen to me. We must help Rebekah but we must not lose you in the process.

- Freya stop, you're going to die ! I yelled at her.

- Help me or get out !

- This will strengthen you, Elijah said biting his wrist seeing his sister breath frantically.

- I'll help you, I answered putting my hand on Elijah's shoulder.

- Niax... en at tem.. Alach ti, Freya said.

- Niax... en at tem.. Alach ti, we repeated together. »

Despite my power boost and Elijah's blood, Freya was only becoming weaker as the result of the poison circulating through her body. She threw up a worrisome amount of blood onto the table, making Elijah and I looked at each other with concern. Freya was gasping for air, and she was burning up. Suddenly, we heard the sound of glass breaking and Elijah ran downstairs while I stayed with Freya. I was desperately holding her head so she wouldn't choke on her own blood. Hayley arrived with a black briefcase and gave me a syringe.

« In her heart, she told me catching her breath.

- I got it, I answered laying down the now unconscious Freya before plunging the syringe into her heart making her gasp awake a few seconds after.

- Did you get the muskroot ?

- I do, Jackson said entering the room right on time. »

Freya took it from his hand and poured some into her and my hand, making me smile. She took the silver knife in the other and started chanting. Thanks to Elijah I still had enough magic to do the spell. The silver blade started to glow orange, making Freya rushed down the stairs. I held her by the waist the whole time because she was still weak from the poison.

Klaus and Elijah were holding Rebekah on the table, while I helped Freya to her. We continued to chant the spell as Freya cut the patch of skin with the cursed skull weal on it. Finally, Rebekah's body went limp, before she sat up groaning in pain but her eyes had recovered their original color.

« Well, that was annoying, she said in a sarcastic tone.

- The murderous state or that we cut your skin ? Because the second one was more distinguishing, I asked her making her chuckle. »

--------

To my surprise, they let me stay to spend Christmas with them. I think Camille must have convinced Klaus, but I was still really happy to spend time with Camille, Jackson and Hayley, which thanks to Davina I started to really like. And obviously to spend time with Freya even though I could see she was starting to avoid me, again.

« Thank you for helping Freya, Klaus told Jackson and I handing us over a glass of wine for him and whiskey for me. »

The night was great, everyone opened their gift, even though the majority was for the little Hope. Rebekah also forced Klaus to do their tradition, a bonfire. They write their wishes on a paper before burning them for luck. The bad part was that the same sister had to leave for their security.

I tried to talk to Freya but she was distant, while Camille was god knows where with Klaus, so I took another glass of whiskey. However before I left a bit defeated, Hayley and Jackson told me to come with them to the Bayou to have a change of air. So I followed them, happy to get the hell out of here.

The next day, I was helping them sort out Jackson stuff when Jackson received a yellow dart in the neck, wolfsbane. He felt to his knees and I ran to push Hayley out of the way taking the two darts aiming for her, the wolfbane one did nothing to me the tranquiliser did. I felt on my knees, trying to reach Jackson but he was too far. My vision started to become blurry as I heard Hayley fight with a vampire, but she got distracted when Jackson became overpowered by the other vampires. I tried to help him by snapping their necks but there were too many, and I felt unconscious on the ground.

I was woken up by Hayley trying to break her restraints, next to us was Jackson with a bloodied face. We were all chained to chairs, and the two wolves seemed to have an IV filled with wolfsbane and water.

« I tried that, he said looking at Hayley. The more you struggle, the more wolfsbane get pumped into your veins,

- Jack your leg. Are you okay ? Hayley asked seeing the puddle of blood at his foot.

- Yeah, they worked me over pretty good. WIth all the...the wolfsbane in my system, I ain't healing so well. And you Y/n ?

- Compared to you I'm fine but I might have a broken nose and leg, I can see my bones out my leg and sincerely I think in my IV they put like, sleeping pills, because my mind is a bit foggy.

- Both of you just breathe. When we get a chance to fight, be ready.

- Hayley. Hayley, listen. I don't know if I'm gonna get the chance...

- Stop. We are gonna get out of here, Jack.

- I love you. Okay ? I've...I've always loved you.

- Don't, she whispered clearly scared.

- When I first saw you, I broke. You broke me, and nothing has been the same since. I just want you to know that it was all real. Every moment, every touch, every word.

Take care of her for me would you, Witchy ? Jackson finished looking at me.

- I'll protect her with my life, I swear to you, I'll do everything I can, I smiled sadly.

- How absolutely darling ! Or pathetic. I suppose it's all relative, Tristan said entering the room.

- You let us out of here, or so help me, I will kill you ! Hayley yelled.

- Somehow, I doubt it. I've been thinking of this moment since our last encounter. What's the best way to truly hurt a hybrid ? And then it came to me, he smiled. »

A smile that will hunt our days forever, because right after it he plunged his hand into Jackson's chest before ripping his heart out, killing him in front of us.

« No ! NO ! NO ! Hayley yelled hysterically.

- I swear to god we'll kill you ! I yelled at Tristan

- You won't, because you're next, he smirked. »  

AN: Hi everyone I hope you're enjoying the story so far ! Don't hesitate to make remarks so I can progress ! Thank you all for reading it 😁💙