Chapter 25: Hope and memories

Kol joined me, and we went to find Hope.

« Hey buddy, he said, hugging me.

- Hi dumbass, I smiled back. Let's talk to Hope.

- Hi little one, Kol said to his niece as we joined the girl in her room.

- Are my mom and dad back ?

- Not quite. Hey, you know what I used to do, when I was bored at your age ? Magic, he smiled.

- I'm not supposed to do magic with strangers, she answered hugging her teddy.

- What ? We're family, he said.

- Y/n stayed but why did you go away ?

- I went away because I was hurt by all the drama that happened here. I almost lost the person I love the most in this world, it shattered me. I needed to heal and for that I had to leave with her for a while, he said giving her the knot.

- So if I untie this knot... your girlfriend will be free from the Hollow ? She asked knowing he was speaking about her.

- We hope so, I said.

- Do you love her ? Hope asked.

- Yes. Kind of like your mom loves...

- Uncle Elijah, Hope finished for him.

- You are definitely a good listener Hope, I smiled. And I don't say that to boost your ego but you are definitely a better witch than I am, so you're the only one who can help us.

- I'll do it, don't worry, Aunty Y/n. »

Hope started looking at the knot while Kol and I heard Klaus arrived. We looked at each other.

« Go, I said. I'll stay here with Hope in case something happens. »

As we started to hear fighting noise, I put a spell around Hope to let her focus. And prayed for the best between the two brothers. Finally after Kol played on the sensible cord of Klaus, Camille, Klaus let him go.

------

« So you're leaving again Kol, I smiled at him as we were walking together to his car.

- Yeah...

- This time don't forget to text me, I smiled. Also tell Davina I love her. I can't bring myself to do it, you know I hate goodbyes.

- I know Y/n. Here take this, he said giving me a key. My family can become suffocating to say the least.

- And this is ? A key to their heart ? I joked.

- A gift for always being on Davina's side, an apartment in the city but close enough for you to vamp to the mansion.

- Thank you Kol, I said hugging him. Don't do anything stupid while you're gone.

- Well... no promises on that, he said before vamping away.

- Idiot, I chuckled.»

As I walked home, I felt something cold inside my chest. The Hollow. I grab my phone seeing text of Freya and Hayley asking me where I was and that The Hollow was gone and Elijah alive. But something was wrong. I called Freya before falling to my knees having trouble breathing. I look at my phone, seeing my eyes blue.

« F...Frey....Freya....it ....s....still....he....here. Hop....Hope....» Was all i managed to say before I passed out.

Flashbacks:

I went back to Marcel's loft feeling heartbroken. Freya betrayed me. They all betrayed me. They tried to kill Davina. And I died. I was a heretic at least, so I could keep my magic, but I had no idea how to control it.