Chapter 21: Fooled

We were walking into the french quarter when the Hollow got inside of our head again. Klaus was talking with one of his demons while for me Elijah appeared again turning around me.

« Freya already betrayed your trust... Using your help to build a dagger to kill Marcel... Your friend... She lied to you... We'll never be on your side, the Hollow smirked with Elijah's form.

- For god sake shut up, you're just in my head. I might not trust Elijah but I trust Freya and Hayley to make the right choices for the Mikaleson. So back off, I said, shaking my head.

- You know right now, you may be fighting against me but soon you'll have no choice but to bow against my power, heretic, he snarled. Maybe I can't find my way inside your head but what about your niece's dream... What fun it will be inside her head.

- Enough, I said vamping and breaking his neck.

- Ruthless, you're looking just like them. Imagine if I made you or Klaus killed someone you cared about. Maybe I already have.

- What ? I said confused before turning around to Klaus. Freya, I breathed out. »

She was on the ground, into Niklaus arms, he was yelling now. I went to him until the body disappeared and Klaus stood up determinedly vamping away. I followed him quickly worried about what the Hollow could have told him.

I caught up to him, speaking with Freya.

« What's wrong ? She asked him, seeing him perturbed.

- I don't want to hurt you. But I can't trust myself.

- I trust you, she said without hesitation.

- I said stay back ! He yelled. I underestimated our foe. I can feel it in my head.

- He's right, don't stay close to us, Love.

- Then let me purify you. Okay ? She said before starting a spell, but something about her and about the spell felt off, I couldn't understand why until she started talking again. I know what the Hollow wants.

- For me to kill Marcel. Or for him to kill me, Klaus stated.

- Klaus, if this thing is demanding a blood sacrifice. If it's you or Marcel don't let it be you. Haunt down Marcel and end this.

- Don't follow me, he said before leaving. I tried to warn him but he was already gone.

- You're not her are you.

- You're a quick learner.

- I'll stop him. You won't have any sacrifice today, I stated before leaving to find Klaus. »

I finally found him at an abandoned house, where seeing the stuff on the ground Marcel was trying to purify until Klaus arrived. Now they were fighting. I tried to stop them, but obviously, they're stronger, so they shoved me against a wall.

« Everyone, just stop ! It's a trap. You're doing exactly what the Hollow wants, I tried to warn them slowly standing up. »

But obviously, the Hollow was in their head, forcing them to strike first or to be killed. I pushed Niklaus aside, but he launched something at Marcel, who started to bleed on the ground. Klaus took the dagger on the ground, but I quickly broke his hand and shoved it away.

« Don't you dare. Both of you. »

But obviously, again, they didn't listen. The fight was interrupted when Freya and Elijah, the real ones, entered the house. Elijah shoved Marcel into a wall who fought back. He was starting to take over Elijah when I saw Klaus looking at the dagger.