Chapter 24: Saving Elijah or saving Davina ?

A few days have past, and we had a plan to trap The Hollow. It didn't end well. Like not at all. Elijah was killed, well desiccated and we didn't know if his soul was into the pendant like Finn was years ago. Right now the pendant was broken, everyone was exhausted, Klaus was angry, griefing, sad and frustrated maybe even more adjectives I didn't have in mind right now. And Freya was trying to reach for Elijah under her brother yelling and fear.

« Klaus, enough ! I told my sire to calm him down. Don't yell at her, give Freya a moment to breathe, I told him wiping the blood off my hand from our previous fight at the cemetery.

- There's just... nothing. There's, there's nothing there. I think he's gone, Freya said clearly trying not to cry.

- Try again, Klaus said.

- Klaus, I did try.

- I am asking you to try again. I know he's in there.

- Klaus... Hayley whispered.

- Try again ! He yelled, making her cast the spell again.

- I just need some time, she said.

- My brother can't die. We walked together on this earth for thousands of years. He denied death, we denied her. He's not gone !

- Just stop yelling, I sighed, putting my hand on the pendant. Let me try, I told them before muttering the same spell as Freya, I felt a cold breath on all my body but shook it off and muttered the spell again and again until Hope entered the room.

- Did you feel that Aunt Y/n ?

- Yeah, I did, it was Elijah.

- He sounds so far away, she added.

- He's in there. You hear him, right ? Hayley asked hopeful.

- We did, I said before looking at Freya nervously. But...

- But what ? Klaus said without yelling this time since his daughter was in the room.

- His voice sounds broken, I just heard him screaming, Freya finished for me. »

A few hours, laters Klaus notified us that Rebekah and Kol were on their way, and he told them that we could resurrect Elijah. So now Freya and I had to make sure his mind was healed before fixing the pendant or it could be shattered forever. So now after Hayley told Klaus to get some air because the hybrid was doing more wrong than right for the moment, Freya and I needed to find the memory that made him who he is, the core of his person. So we started chanting.

« Tilate ulaz. Tilate ulaz. Tilate ulaz. Tilate ulaz. Tilate ulaz. »

Freya and I were inside of Elijah's subconscious. We were in memory where Klaus and an Agnes were also here. Then another one appeared in front of us, we tried to call him but in each memory that followed, it seemed that we couldn't hear us. This went on for a few other memories until we woke up.

« Y/n what's wrong ? Hayley asked me.

- We can't search Elijah's mind and sustain a spell at the same time. And he doesn't seem to answer us. I mean for me it's not surprising but even Freya can't seem to reach him...

- What if you sent me in ?

- That would require more power, Freya answered.

- Then we stay here to anchor the spell. He'll respond to Hayley. Nobody's closer to him than her. We need to try, time is not running in our favor, I told my girlfriend.

- To place Hayley in the pendant, I need to channel another witch. A powerful one.

- Channel me, I said.