Chapter 6 : Get the hell away from her

A few weeks had passed, it was now Christmas, and I had nowhere to go. Camille was with the Mikaelsons, Marcel with Davina or at least trying to consoled her about what happened with her role of Reagent. I had spent a lot of time with her but doing Christmas with them felt weird. So I was walking down the street hoping to find something to do when I saw Freya being followed by a man in a dark suit. Feeling that she was in danger. I walked to them, trying not to run so the man wouldn't suspect anything when I saw the man fall, his neck snapped by Freya's spell. Unfortunately, another vampire appeared behind her and broke her arm before shoving her face into a nearby dumpster causing her head to hit hard against the metal. I could see her trying to do a spell but the man put her in a choke-hold cutting her breath. The one who was on the ground came to help the other and took something from her pocket.

I ran to them, yelling for them to get the hell away from her before lunching at the vampire that was holding her, siphoning him in the process before breaking his neck. Before I could take down the second one he punched Freya in the neck with a spike ring making her bleed out. I tried to kill the second one but a third vampire attacked me, letting the thief leave. I casted an infliction spell on the one on me and before I could snap his neck, Jackson arrived cutting his head with an axe.

I rushed over to Freya and seeing she was unconscious, I asked Jackson to help me get her to her family. He agreed, and it turned out he was already heading there because he was Hayley's husband. It looked like I still had a lot to learn about them.

When we arrived at the mansion, I put Freya, who was starting to regain consciousness, on the bench in the courtyard/patio. I made her a makeshift sling with my vest while Jackson texted Hayley to come. I calmed Freya's pain until Hayley arrived thanks to Jackson that let me siphoned him. Needing to always siphon someone really sucked, I needed to put a lot of magic into an object and keep it on me in case something happens to me like it seemed to happened since I arrived in New Orleans.

I was passing my hand through Freya's hairs, when Hayley arrived.

« Hey, I got your text. What happened ? Hayley said going straight to Freya.

- She got jumped, he started.

- By three vampires, all dressed like yuppies, I finished angry remembering what happened.

- The Strix ? The hybrid asked sighting.

- Yeah. She needs your blood.

- You okay ? Hayley asked after giving her blood to Freya who nodded.

- They took it. The Serratura, The witch groaned in pain and frustration as I helped her into a seated position. We can't destroy it, the only way to get rid of it is to use it. We have to get it back and lock something else away. Anything but my family.

- Great. Why don't we pay Tristan a visit and ask him really, really nicely ? Hayley said.

- I'm in, I'll melt his brain until he gives up, I added.

- I'm afraid we have a far more urgent problem, Elijah said with a somber expression on his face.

- Well, to be fair, I am the prettiest urgent problem you have ever seen, a blonde girl added looking pale and tired. »

The girl was Rebekah another Mikaelson sibling and turns out she was cursed by the stake of a certain Aya who is from the Strix, a group that thinn they deserved to be the elite of the world and enslaved the rest of us and also attacked Freya so it was easy to say that they were asshole.

« Can you fix this ? Elijah asked Freya.

- The spell is carved here. I can... I can reverse it, she said stooding up but she seemed really fragile. I just...need some time... and a hell of a lot of magic.

- I can help, I stated. »

Freya tried to say something more but she fainted, I was able to catch her before putting her on the couch again.

« She was fine, Hayley healed her. Jackson said it would be enough, I said worriedly.

- This scratch is not healed, Elijah said looking at the puncture wound on Freya's neck that was still bleeding. This is poison. This is an assassination attempt. »

A few minutes passed, while everyone was worried for the blonde woman. Until she woke up, she told us she felt weak and Jackson said that maybe the vampires had stabbed her with something. After his declaration the room fell silent until Elijah spoke.

« So, the Strix are fond of this slow-acting poison. There is an antidote... If I can get my hand on it... He trailed off leaving the room to make a phone call.

- For this, I'll need a pure silver knife and some white muskroot, Freya said taking Rebekah's injured wrist into her hands.

- I'll get the knife, Hayley said.

- I'll track down the root, Jackson added.

- Freya, Hayley sighted. You can barely float a stick right now, let alone save the word...

- I'll channel Finn, she answered.

- Oh, lovely. My fate rests in the hand of our black sheep of a brother that we trapped in a necklace. I'm sure he's just leaìng to help.

- Well, he's the only powerful witch here, Freya sighted.

- He's not, I intervened. You all are powerful as hell original vampire and your brother is a hybrid. If I can siphon them, you give me the spell and I'll do it.

- No you can't, Freya said standing up going upstairs.

- Yes I can ! And I'll do it whether you like it or not ! I yelled making sure she heard me.

- Why would you do that ? Rebekah asked confused. You barely know us.

- Well, Marcel is clearly in love with you and he's like Davina's father and he's my friend. I'm not letting him go through grief again, and Freya and I are friends. Well I think... and you're her sister. And I actually want something in exchange really small, but it doesn't change anything. I want your brother to give me back the memories he took me from the first time he met and that he give me his word to not do it again.

- How do you know that ? Elijah said.

- Lucien told me, I shrugged. »

At this revelation, Elijah gave me back my memories. Having them made me understand a few things. Why Rebekah was cursed, why they tried to kill Freya, and before Camille and I. But the most important, they don't trust me and might never will.