Chapter 8 : Y/n and Hayley will be next.

Freya's pov:

I opened the cream-colored box, inside a heart and a note.

« Freya ? What's happening, my brother Elijah said seeing me cry.

- A messenger came. Some compelled tourists. He left this, I said gesturing toward the boz with the bloody heart.

- Who ?

- Jackson. It's a courtesy of the Strix, I told him showing him the letter. »

Dearest friends, please find enclosed the heart of Jackson. Y/n and Hayley will follow unless you meet me at Coltrane's Auto Shop.

King regards Tristan.

« So, unless we meet their demands, Hayley will be next, my brother said looking furious.

- And so is Y/n... I whispered. I brought her into all this. It's all my fault. »

Y/n's pov:

Hayley and I were still sobbing after Jackson's death. Of course his death was heavier for her, but Jackson was a really good guy and a good friend of mine, one of the few I had since I arrived in New Orleans.

« Jack, I'm so sorry. I never should have brought any of this into your life. I was so selfish. I never met anyone who was always just there for me. You let me feel what it is to be loved, Hayley said tearing up again. But I will make them suffer for this, I promise you. I will make all of them suffer.

- We'll make them wish they were dead Hayley. And don't worry, I'll leave you the final kill. »

A few minutes or hours passed, Hayley and I were drifting in and out of consciousness after they increased our dose and started torturing us, when vampires arrived, we thought it would start again but they just took the restraints off our feet, and brought us outside. Well more like luged around.

I lifted my head a bit seeing Klaus and his brother, while Tristan was surrounder with vampires on his side. Klaus and Tristan started talking about the deal.

« Give me my sister first. And, if you're tempted to argue, I'll kill the little witch. I'll also keep her if my sister isn't in the best shape.

- That wasn't the deal, Klaus said. Your sister lives. You can thank Elijah for that, but you'll better honor your part of the deal.

- We'll see. If they try anything, attack, he said looking at the Strix member. »

I heard him vamp-speed into the shipping container where his sister, Aurora, was. When he saw her, Hayley was transferred to the Mikaelsons but they were waiting for Tristan's order for me.

I could hear Aurora and Tristan talking but I couldn't focus on the word they were exchanging, until Aurora turned out to actually be Camille.

« You know what they say. Payback's a bitch, I heard her say.

- How is it possible ?

- The Serrature created an impenetrable boundary. Nothing living or dead can pass through, Klaus said smugly.

- And thanks to your lunatic sister. I'm neither. »

Tristan yelled at his men to attack them, and killed me but before they made a single move, Elijah vamped speed to me putting his body to protect me and asked them if this bloodshed was really necessary.

Finally they stepped back after Aya gave them the order too. Hayley, who had started to heal, however much slower than usual, helped me stand up. At least someone cared.

« So, this is to be my end ? Tristan asked.

- No, no. This is the very beginning. You are going to be to the bottom of the ocean where you will drown in darkness again and again and again over the course of the century, Elijah smiled patronizingly. This will be your splendidly horrific and perpetual end.

- What have you done with my sister ?

- Nothing... Yet, Klaus smiled. But I assure you, her death will be spectacular, he said starting to close the door.

- Wait, Hayley said stepping forward with me. You took a very good man from this world. He will be with me forever, but you ? You will be forgotten. And as you rot in the ocean, remember my face, she said grabbing the door.

- Remember the pain, I whispered siphoning Elijah and making Tristan fall to his knees, his hands on his head.

- Because it's gonna be the last one you ever see, Hayley finished her sentence coldly shutting the door in a loud bang. »

When the door shut I stopped the spell and clench my jaw seeing that my leg hadn't magically healed. Elijah, seeing my suffering offered me and then Hayley his blood. Let's say that feeling my bones snapped into place hurted like hell. But it was the least of my worries because tonight would be Jackson's funeral.

--------

We took his body and went to the Bayou. Hayley wrote his name into a book, before putting his bow and arrow into his coffin. Well it was a small boat with his body and a winding sheet. She then gave me a bottle of alcohol. I took a sip before she did the same and poured it on the sheet. Elijah then gave her a torch, « Incendia » I whispered, setting it on fire.
Hayley approached it to Jackson's body until it caught fire and pushed the boat into the water making it drift away. « Until death do us apart, she whispered sadly.» « I hope you can hunt as much as you want now, I added. »

After it, Freya texted me asking if I was okay, I just answered that it was nothing vampire blood couldn't repair. I didn't want to think about her, one time she was kissing me, the other time she was avoiding me, I needed to just spend time with my friends, this woman was just making me crazy. That's why the next morning with the help of Josh, one of Marcel's vampires and Davina's best friend, we went to find her. Since she was shunned, witches didn't even looked at her or talk to her except me because I didn't give a damn about this. We were trying to put some sense into her, but she was telling us she was fine and that we should get home. Suddently, a black limo stopped next to us. The window rolled down to reveal Aya in the backseat.

« Hello, Joshua. Ms. Claire, Ms. Y/n, I assume you both know who I am ?

- I suggest you get in. We've much to discuss.

- You tortured me bitch, I said with a fake smile. Don't go Davina please.

- I will be alright. I'll call later, she said entering the car.

- Why are we friends with such a stubborn person, I sighed.

- Tell me about it... »