Chapter 2

Waking up to roaring laughters, I grimaced at my pounding head as I tried to lift my hand to my head but to no avail. My hands were tied to my back with a rope and panic crashed in. The last thing I remembered was standing outside Dion's house in the chilly night.

Was I kidnapped? Where am I?

In my peripheral vision, I spotted three burly men in the corner of the room. They were a rowdy group of men, totally unaware of their victim being conscious. The only exit was the metal gate which was located close to the three men.

What is this? A cell in a cave-like prison? Does something like this even exist in Singapore? How do I even get past them unnoticed?

Then, I caught a flicker of movement from the corner of my eye. My eyes widened in recognition as I stared at the guy who had told me to leave at the party. Without his mask, I could see his features perfectly. He had deep brown eyes, close to black and extremely dark reddish brown hair with his fringe just meeting his brows and swept to one side.

He sat with his back against the rocky wall and gaze directed at the hard, uneven ground. He did not seem to notice that I'm awake too. I don't know why but I felt better knowing that I was not the only one kidnapped. Two is better than one right?

"Hey," I whispered as loudly as I dared to him.

He turned his gaze on me and he opened his mouth to say something.

"Shhh," I told him in a hushed tone. "Don't let them know I'm awake. Let's think of a way to escape."

He sent me a puzzled look. Maybe he did not hear me properly.

"I said-" I was cut me off mid-sentence.

"She's awake," he announced to my horror.

I froze as I noticed eyes boring into me. It seemed to me that my ally isn't as smart and cooperative as I expected him to be.

"Let's take her to Gladion," One of the burly looking men said in a slurred voice.

Is he drunk?

I threw a condemning look at my questionable ally. "You are not supposed to let them know that I'm awake. How are we going to get away now?"

"How dense can you be?" he replied.

Did he just call me dense? I glared at him. Was he not the dense one for ruining our escape plan? He held my gaze as he crossed his arm. The sudden movement brought my eyes down to his crossed arms. Wait. Why were his hands untied? I gasped in shocking realisation and berated myself internally. How foolish can I be?

Before I could process anything else, I was tugged up to my feet like a weightless doll.

"Don't touch me!" I yanked myself free from the man with a deep scar travelling from his eyelid down to his chin.

"Move!" he shoved me on the back so forcefully that I lost my balance and tumbled forward. I shut my eyes, awaiting for the impact but it never came. A firm grip on my elbow broke my fall to my ultimate relief.

"Thank you." The words escaped my mouth subconsciously. However when I realized that the person who had caught me in time was another accomplice to this crime, all gratitude was gone down the drain. "I mean no thank you," I corrected.

"You're welcome," he stated, raw of emotions and released my elbow.

"Don't keep the boss waiting." the drunkard warned, still dragging his words.

Boss? What boss? Have I stepped on the toes of the underworld figures without knowing? Fear coarsed through my veins.

The aggressive man reached for my hand but I jumped away from him before he could touch me.